How do we solve the Blades problem?

JonBladesman

I am sure when Milan bought you for £1 he said he had a 5 year plan to get you into the Premiership He even said you belong in the top 10 in the country :hihi::hihi::hihi:

" Looking ahead to whether the club can follow in the footsteps of Norwich and Southampton, who won successive promotions to the Premier League, the former Portsmouth and Leicester chairman said: “Any successful, progressive person would say: 'If you can do it, why can’t I do it?’ This club is not a smaller club than those clubs.

“No disrespect to any division, but this club belongs in the top 10 of this country. The club can’t go backwards now. We have established the roots. We have established the destiny. It has to happen.

“I’m not going to tell you we will get to the Premier League next year. That would be wrong. You can’t put a penthouse on a sand castle. But we have a plan to get there.”

Getting back to Maverick ,who said we would be in Europe in five years.

A very well put reply CB. Couldn't have said it better myself - very logical.

Also... I didn't know MM said they'd be in the PL with 5 years... Oh the irony :hihi:

You would have thought that had come up in five year Franks search.:hihi::hihi:.

A very well put reply CB. Couldn't have said it better myself - very logical.

Also... I didn't know MM said they'd be in the PL with 5 years... Oh the irony :hihi:

Maybe a tad ambitious,but constantly progressing year on year,so at the very least we are going in the right direction.:thumbsup: Then again IF we got up this season[which I doubt very much] then he will have been spot on.

Edited by Gazza58

Indeed, a step in the right direction.

It was good to hear a few blades on PoG agreeing with me too. They said that it was time to be level headed and realistic about where the blades were, and not to expect too much, and that seems to have rubbed off a bit on the players.

They listened to Frank - it's the way forward.

Keep it up and you might get there yet (as long as you don't put the team under pressure by reverting to 'Futures red and white' or 'premier league in four years' rubbish :thumbsup:)

I don't remember any blade on POG saying,all we have to do to beat every team in lge1 is to A) knock down two of our stands

B) go back in time in a hastily constructed time machine and remove all predictions from FIVE(yes five) years ago

and finally C) help five year frank with his "reverse massive syndrome" by telling him that s6 are a fairly big club so not to worry too much about it.

Bloody hell,you would have thought i would have remembered hearing that on the radio wouldn't you:hihi::hihi:

Also if we use s6 as our example of how to return to the promise land,we are bang on schedule,

S6 15 years since last in prem,

blades 8 yrs since last in prem,so we have 7yrs to at least catch up with you or overtake you.

Edited by monzaman
Facts and figures ohh err

The Wednesday followers seem to be so much more intelligent ,better informed ,better looking,better dressed, more refined with interesting conversation and keen interest in the arts and literature as is most evident as one reads the drivel espoused from the Johny come lately's who congregate at our old ground on Bramall Lane.

Seems we are asking for facts to back claims up,maybe you could start the ball rolling here,just saying old chap:thumbsup:

Edited by esme
quote tags

So do the Johny's who have been talking porkies about the Owls by saying that the club said we would be in Europe in 5 years now join Frank in the 5 year club .

To be honest I don't ever remember a 5 year in Europe plan. The only plan I remember was Lee Straffords 4 year business plan which set out the following expectations

2008/2009 Stabilty

2009/2010 Play Offs

2010/2011 Play Offs

2011/2012 Promotion to Premier League

I thought everyone in Sheffield knew what MM had said...............don't forget the 'Premiership Return Ticket' the season they last dropped out of the Prem either................Trade Descriptions are still dealing with that one even now.:D