2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

If anyone wants to look for themselves you can use either:

http://www.ukweatherforecast.co.uk/weather-radar/

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/gcqzy90v8#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1422431100&zoom=8&lon=-1.47&lat=53.40

According to those radars, the West and North of Sheffield should be getting brief blizzard conditions any minute, and there's plenty where it came from behind it..

I'm sure everyone on here appreciates your weather reports just like to say thank you for taking the trouble to keep us updated.

It's absolutely my pleasure. If it helps one person make a decision about a journey that makes them safer then it is completely worth it :)

At about 6:00 p.m. in Bents Green it suddenly froze the snow which had started to thaw resulting in solid ice everywhere and a biting wind.

By 8:00 p.m. there was about 1" snow on top of it so it will be treacherous for travelling.

Take care to anyone having to go out.

Just thunder and lightning in a snow storm. The lightning really lit up the room (more than I have seen with rain) and it was really really loud.

Thanks suebeedoo, ive never heard of it, you live and learn:)

Elderly and/or infirm people shouldn't have to go out when the weather is bad like that. My neighbour falls into the vulnerable category and I make sure I go round whenever the power is out and give him candles, or grit his front and back paths in ice and snow and have been known to do his shopping for him too.

It's a pity that not everyone manages to do that for their neighbours, really.

---------- Post added 28-01-2015 at 20:04 ----------

**UPDATE**

The winds have indeed started to blow slightly more Southerly and so we will be getting the snow that is currently in the Irish Sea, north of Lancashire (if it stays that way).

Not only is there more of it, but it's twice as heavy currently. If it stays that way even only for the next hour or two then we'll certainly see the difference and people at the semi-final might encounter difficulty getting home.

I'll be on here most of the night I imagine, I'll keep you all updated!

thank you love your updates, white out here in s8, do you know if the woodhead pass is open.