Help! Can't connect to the internet!

diskoheaven

Can anyone help me sort out my computer.

It connects to our broadband through a router, the other 2 computers connected to it are still working fine, but mine isn't!!

The boxes are checked for it to automatically detect the settings and the DNS, and on the taskbar it says that my local area connection is connected, yet I cant access any webpages etc.

The internet explorer options are also set to automatically detet lan settings.

It was working fine the other day, but now its not :( and I havent changed any of the settings or anything! Please help!

if you are using IE download and install firefox :P

erm i mean, have a look in file and make sure the work offline bits not ticked

also do the usual, scan for spyware with spybot and adaware as that can affect connection and viewing webpages, and if its only on 1 puter it might not affect the others

From your start menu, select 'Run'. Into the little box you get, type in :

ping sheffieldforum.co.uk

You shoudl see a box appear on the screen with the text 'Pinging sheffieldforum.co.uk at the top, followed by a few lines of text starting with 'Reply from xx.yy.zz.aa.... ' this indicates that your network connection is forwarding traffic.

If you get something reading 'Request Timed Out' then the network connection between your PC and the router isn't configured correctly.

The box will disappear after a few seconds.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Ooops! Takes me too long to post!

Archived