Why do Sheffield people still vote Labour?

I'd just like to know what exactly Labour has done for Sheffield over the last 30/40 years?

My dad votes labour so I vote labour too! :hihi:

My guess would be that nobody in this area trusts the tories due to a deliberate and vicious campaign by the tory government of Thatcher which used the power of the state and if recent revelations are to be believed deliberate deception to break the unions which represented the power of poorer working class people. The lib dems aren't seen as strong enough competition to stop the tories getting in time and again.

Its probably a choice at this point for a lot of people of that lot that do nothing for you or that lot who are looking to absolutely screw you over.

I'd just like to know what exactly Labour has done for Sheffield over the last 30/40 years?

Well we certainly know what the Conservatives have done, look at the state of the country again, we got rid of Thatcher's lot and got the country sorted then back to square one with Cameron's Toffs, get em out!:rant::gag::hihi:

The alternative is far worse and @joiner Andy, your vote is important. People fought and died to get you that right. You should not abuse it.

The alternative is far worse and @joiner Andy, your vote is important. People fought and died to get you that right. You should not abuse it.

The whole system is corrupt! Do you really think these politicians are pulling the strings? Each to their own but I'm not playing :)

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 08:14 ----------

Voting would be fantastic if it was for real change and it really made a difference but it doesn't!

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 08:17 ----------

Who is worth voting for out of our current MPs ? Which politician is truly honest and passionate about making things better for us?

Voting ??? Pffft!

People fought and died for lots of things which we subsequently gave away, such as the rest of the Empire, or which subsequently turned out to be completely wrong and for which you'd be quick to condemn them now, so that's a bit of a spurious argument really.

The whole system is corrupt! Do you really think these politicians are pulling the strings? Each to their own but I'm not playing :)

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 08:14 ----------

Voting would be fantastic if it was for real change and it really made a difference but it doesn't!

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 08:17 ----------

Who is worth voting for out of our current MPs ? Which politician is truly honest and passionate about making things better for us?

Voting ??? Pffft!

The current mps you talk about are only there because of people like you who could be bothered vote.

It is your fault, along with the other 3rd of eligible voters, who willingly give up your right to vote.

The current mps you talk about are only there because of people like you who could be bothered vote.

It is your fault, along with the other 3rd of eligible voters, who willingly give up your right to vote.

Who should I vote for? The whole lot need throwing out!

The time for change is now! Majority of people are on their knees!

As Ken Livingstone said:

'If voting changed anything, they'd abolish it.'

Who should I vote for? The whole lot need throwing out!

The time for change is now! Majority of people are on their knees!

So vote them out, otherwise the same lot will win again. You not voting just makes it easier for them.