Have I got the earliest Bin Men - what time do yours come?

Our Bin Men come at 6.30am Friday Mornings and I think that is a bit on the early side and they always wake me up from my blissful slumber.

On the whole though they are quite good as they will take black bags left at the side of the bin which I know some bin men won't.

Have I got the earliest Bin Men - I was wondering if our estate is the first port of call or does anyone get even earlier pick ups?

Yep, mine come ridiculously early on a Monday morning - great start to the week. I don't always look at the clock but it's usually about 6-6.30. They always wake me up and I try to remember to close all my windows on a Sunday night so it blocks out at least some of the noise, which is a bit rubbish (haha) in summer.

What surprises me is that they come on Bank Holiday Mondays too! I thought bin men had those days off?? I'm sure when I was a kid my mum used to complain that there would be no rubbish collection for a fortnight as the bin men were off.

Aren't they known as Refuse Collectors now or something equally silly?

It depends, We have ours on a wednesday and it can be collected ither befor 7am and after 1pm.

What i dont understand tho is, it goes up our road then half way up it turn's onto anouther road then we dont see it for at least an hour or more. i dont see why they can not do the rest of our road then carry on with the job at the other end of the road. and also the next road up from us that leads onto our road has they bins emptied on a thursday but the bin men goes past on a wednesday when they empited our, so why dont the bin men not do the roads even tho they close by but have differnt collection days.

I was told that binmen could not start in residential areas until after 7.00 or 7.30 ( can't recall which).

My friend told me this cos' they complained at a 6am wake up call. They now have a later collection.

Archived