Rochdale Cabs, Customers request White drivers only

You carnt blame the company for this, they are just giving the customer what they are wanting (as all businesses do)

But I thing that Media has a lot to play towards the racism or bad feeling towards Muslims. Every time you turn the TV on pick up a paper check FB e,c,t there is some sort anti Muslim story.

I now there will be some bad individuals and groups but the same can be said for White people as well.

Guest sibon
Not really. Its the asian ones who are the problem. That and the folks who have tried to cover it up for years. Folk like you for instance.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/31/muslim-community-street-grooming-nazir-afzal

The Muslim community must accept and address the fact that Asian and Pakistani men are disproportionately involved in “localised, street grooming” of vulnerable girls, one of the UK’s most senior prosecutors has said.

Nazir Afzal, the Crown Prosecution Service’s lead on child sexual abuse, told a meeting of Muslims in Bradford on Thursday night that the community had to address the issue of street grooming and that Muslims could not assume that “someone else is dealing with it for us”.

I've never covered anything up in my life.

I'm making a perfectly logical point to you. You want your taxi to be as risk free as possible. You think that asking for a white driver does that for you.

I'm simply pointing out that you are wrong. With knobs on.

If you want the safest taxi possible ask for a woman driver. They have fewer accidents and they are massively less likely to abuse and rape than men. That applies to women of all races.

Take the racist angle if you like, but we can all see your agenda. Now, do me a favour and pop me back on ignore again. I'm tired of your dull arguments.

No the point actually is that the Pakistani men who feel that they have a right to abuse vulnerable children with impunity have found a way to ensure they have the best possible chance of carrying out their vile life style, that is driving Taxi's in this country and buses in their own. With this information everyone in this country has the right to choose if they want themselves or much more importantly their children to be driven around by anyone who comes from a culture which permits and turns a blind eye to this disgusting behaviour. The only people 'hunting' are the men seeking out and entrapping these children.

For a start Pakistani men are of varying ethnicities Panjabi, Pathaan, Urdu speaking, Balochi, Sindhi and Kashmiri so there is no such ethnicity as Pakistani it's a nationality. These men were British and mainly of Kashmiri ethnicity. Even within Kashmir there are different ethnicities and this group hails from a handful of villages in southern Azad Kashmir.

When asked by a non Pakistani most will say they are Kashmiri. However when it comes to bad press they are more comfortable with the Pakistani title being used to describe them rather than Kashmiri. Many have a stronger attachment to Kashmir so better Pakistanis get a bad name than Kashmiris. It's much the same difference as with the Scotts and the English.

I have many British Kashmiri Pakistani friends who are successful educated and contribute a lot to British society. So I'm not trying to suggest that all are bad but the fact is that the majority of those convicted are British Kashmiris. Quite strange then the media is blaming Pakistani men when most of these guys are British and will describe their ethnicity as Kashmiri when asked by a stranger.

For a start Pakistani men are of varying ethnicities Panjabi, Pathaan, Urdu speaking, Balochi, Sindhi and Kashmiri so there is no such ethnicity as Pakistani it's a nationality. These men were British and mainly of Kashmiri ethnicity. Even within Kashmir there are different ethnicities and this group hails from a handful of villages in southern Azad Kashmir.

When asked by a non Pakistani most will say they are Kashmiri. However when it comes to bad press they are more comfortable with the Pakistani title being used to describe them rather than Kashmiri. Many have a stronger attachment to Kashmir so better Pakistanis get a bad name than Kashmiris. It's much the same difference as with the Scotts and the English.

I have many British Kashmiri Pakistani friends who are successful educated and contribute a lot to British society. So I'm not trying to suggest that all are bad but the fact is that the majority of those convicted are British Kashmiris. Quite strange then the media is blaming Pakistani men when most of these guys are British and will describe their ethnicity as Kashmiri when asked by a stranger.

That's all very well if you're trying to inform those that seek knowledge to be able and willing to understand, but for the unflinching ignorant? you may as well have typed that in Urdu.

Informative post none the less.

If you think 90% of society in the West Midlands is non Asian then either you've never been to the region or you are deliberately trying to dress this up as Asian minority being responsible for 75% of all child sex grooming. The statistics state on-street grooming and not all grooming. Let's get that straight first and foremost. If over 90% of the cab drivers were white but 75% of those convicted were Asian then it would be disproportionate. it's the other way around which means it's not disproportionate at all no matter how much you want it to be.

Here you go, it looks like roosterboost was right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Midlands_%28region%29

The West Midlands is the second most ethnically diverse part of the UK (Greater London being the most diverse). This is in large part due to the West Midlands conurbation, which is highly diverse. The ethnic makeup of the West Midlands as a whole as measured by the 2011 census was as follows:

Asian or Asian British: Total 604,435 10.8%

White: Total ............... ..... 4,633,669 82.7%

Black or Black British: Total 182,125 3.3%

British Mixed: Total ........... .. 131,714 2.4%

Edited by SavannahP

I've never covered anything up in my life.

I'm making a perfectly logical point to you. You want your taxi to be as risk free as possible. You think that asking for a white driver does that for you.

I'm simply pointing out that you are wrong. With knobs on.

If you want the safest taxi possible ask for a woman driver. They have fewer accidents and they are massively less likely to abuse and rape than men. That applies to women of all races.

Take the racist angle if you like, but we can all see your agenda. Now, do me a favour and pop me back on ignore again. I'm tired of your dull arguments.

I don't really need to follow your illogical line which is merely there to try to deflect attention from asian grooming gangs.

In Birmingham asians make up around 10% of the population. The police there say that 10% of the population are responsible for 75% of the on street grooming.

They don't say there is a risk from non asian taxi drivers, indeed I imagine female taxi drivers in Birmingham are more at risk from abuse by asian taxi drivers than I would be from non asian ones.

I'm afraid that the cat is very much out of the bag and no one is being fooled by the PC cover it up and sweep it under the carpet brigade any more. But do keep trying.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 10:35 ----------

Here you go, it looks like roosterboost was right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Midlands_%28region%29

The West Midlands is the second most ethnically diverse part of the UK (Greater London being the most diverse). This is in large part due to the West Midlands conurbation, which is highly diverse. The ethnic makeup of the West Midlands as a whole as measured by the 2011 census was as follows:

Asian or Asian British: Total 604,435 10.8%

White: Total ............... ..... 4,633,669 82.7%

Black or Black British: Total 182,125 3.3%

British Mixed: Total ........... .. 131,714 2.4%

That's about right. 10% of the population responsible for 75% of the grooming. But at least folk are now allowed to talk about it and those who have covered this up for years are being investigated.

Which part of Pakistan these vile people come from is not relevant, they are identified by all section of society in this country as Pakistani.

That's about right. 10% of the population responsible for 75% of the grooming. But at least folk are now allowed to talk about it and those who have covered this up for years are being investigated.

Actually its 4.1% of the population responsible for 75% of the grooming, because its not an Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Asians that were grooming kids its was predominately Pakistani Asians that have been grooming kids and they only represent 4.1% of the population.

Which part of Pakistan these vile people come from is not relevant,

But Rochdale or Rovvrum is as a demographic?

Actually its 4.1% of the population responsible for 75% of the grooming, because its not an Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Asians that were grooming kids its was predominately Pakistani Asians that have been grooming kids and they only represent 4.1% of the population.

That for me makes it even more shocking.

I've a 12 year old stepdaughter. I wouldn't put her in a cab on her own with a male driver if I could at all help it. If it was an absolute necessity I'd let the cabbie know I knew his name and number (from his ID) and she'd have strict instructions to have her phone on and charged.

Unfortunately, after what's happened over the last few years, I'd be more wary of Pakistani Muslim driver than I would a white driver.

As an aside, back in the late 90s, I took a cab from Roth. back to Sheffield and the cabbie offered me a 'girl. A young, white girl'. I said no. I was ******. I told my wife a day or so later and after thinking about it I called the police and gave them all the information I could remember. They said they'd look into it. I'm guessing they didn't.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 17:44 ----------

There's one common denominator they all have in common though.

Edited by Pritt Stick
The asterisks denote that I was drunk.