Do you just live your life for others?

For someone, if memory serves, who has a degree in psychology you've done a cracking job in potentially making a depressed op feel worse about themselves.

Well done.

No he or she hasn't.

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 05:57 ----------

have you tried these people?

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

I know of someone who was helped by them and speaks highly about what they do

Yes I have heard of them but not seeked help, I did know of someone who used their service but not seen him for a while. I will contact them and see if they can help me.

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 05:58 ----------

I also had a hopeless therapist. Everything I said was interrupted by her telling me something about herself. Not what should happen in a counselling session.

But I later had another one who was incredibly helpful. Although she mostly just let me talk, she did also offer one or two coping mechanisms. One in particular made a big difference to me.

So it is well worth trying again with a different one.

Could you tell me the coping mechanisms she taught you?

Edited by cardoor

Everyone in the UK lives their lives for others, as everything you buy helps the majority of people in the world that makes it to remain in poverty, on or below the breadline.

From the abused tea pickers, to the coffee growers, we can all enjoy the fact we aid poverty, and wage slavery, which makes us the people we are proud to be part of and contributing to the tradition of western exploiters.

Here on Sheffield forum many enjoy living their life's for others, by sneering and putting down the poor over here. We are approaching the open season of abusing and kicking the beggars, who one can see on the pavements. A sport relished buy many on this site.

And yet you're still in the UK, presumably buying things...

And yet you're still in the UK, presumably buying things...

The point is, we shouldn't be keeping people in poverty by buying the latest technology, the nicest clothing or the tastiest tea and coffee. These large corporations need to stop being so greedy and pay their employees a good wage, even if it does take several million off their profits!

So buy fair trade goods and use the co-operative, research the shops you use and the brands you buy. It is possible to buy ethically.

cardoor, I have sent you a pm.

So buy fair trade goods and use the co-operative, research the shops you use and the brands you buy. It is possible to buy ethically.

Where can I buy an ethical iPad?

I know I don't need one, but I like them and I should be able to trust an organisation the size of Apple to produce their products ethically. Same goes for all the other culprits!

It shouldn't lay on our shoulders to be ethical. We shouldn't need to boycott organisations, they should be ethical in the first place.

Where can I buy an ethical iPad?

Do you actually need an iPad - ethical or not?

Is there a market for an ethically produced tablet? and ePad perhaps.... :)

It shouldn't lay on our shoulders to be ethical. We shouldn't need to boycott organisations, they should be ethical in the first place.

Problem is, there isn't an absolute definition of ethicalness. An example would be the ethical investment funds, which have widely differing views of what they consider ethical investments - tobacco, weapons etc