Help needed re: flat tyre problem

paulrs

tyre sealer as suggested is not a good idea, it gooses the tyre and a replacement is then inevitable

It doesnt, the tyres are prefectly fine with sealer inside. I'm sure that the tyre industry would like you to think that hence the line they spin every time it's presented to them but a quick swill with water and the tyre and rim are fine to use once the puncture is fixed.

I'm 99 percent sure it's the rims leaking... They will need the tyre taking off and bead sealant places around the rim and the tyre re fitted.. Come see me at BESTFIT TYRE CENTRE down bottom of duke St in sheffield City centre 0114 2737175... Looking £5 per wheel

I'm 99 percent sure it's the rims leaking... They will need the tyre taking off and bead sealant places around the rim and the tyre re fitted.. Come see me at BESTFIT TYRE CENTRE down bottom of duke St in sheffield City centre 0114 2737175... Looking £5 per wheel

Most sensible reply to this thread, take his advice....

OR,

In the vain of the rest of the answers,

Give it 2 paracetamol, wrap it in a blanket, deflate it and re-inflate it 14 times, give it a good meal and see what happens?

(joke, to the serious forum experts)

• 3 weeks later...

In the seventies the police,fire brigade and ambulance service used a product called " finilec " ,spelling may be wrong,it was a sealer that prevented flat tyres.A shot was injected into each tyre,as far as i know it was very good,never heard any bad reports and it was recommended by the AA\RAC etc.

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 19:27 ----------

but how much to repair?

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote

Is it just me or? ..

If I have a problem like this, just take the wheel off or drive to a reputable tyre fitter and explain what's happening. Particularly this time of year when frosty weather will find any weak spot on a car like tyres, batteries, wipers...etc

Easy solution really, instead of guesswork on here.

Is it just me or? ..

If I have a problem like this, just take the wheel off or drive to a reputable tyre fitter and explain what's happening. Particularly this time of year when frosty weather will find any weak spot on a car like tyres, batteries, wipers...etc

Easy solution really, instead of guesswork on here.

Is it just me or?

If i choose to look at a thread and then comment, i actually take the time to read what the person has said, especially before trying to be a smarty pants.

Easy solution really, stops me looking silly when the thing i sarcastically suggest has already been done by the original poster and stated rather clearly in the first post.

Is it just me or?

If i choose to look at a thread and then comment, i actually take the time to read what the person has said, especially before trying to be a smarty pants.

Easy solution really, stops me looking silly when the thing i sarcastically suggest has already been done by the original poster and stated rather clearly in the first post.

So make yourself look silly by sarcastically replying to me...lol

Back to the OP, would certainly try going to 2/3 tyre fitters, because there's obviously a problem somewhere.