There should be a National strike.

Come on, don't be coy ;)

You are a vocal critic of thus government and I wondered if you were going to join your oppressed brothers and sisters.

Whether I do or not is none of your business, who are you anyway?

Don’t misunderstand what I am saying. Tinfoil hat and Cyclone are extremely smart well educated individuals. However that does not mean I will agree with each and every comment they make. I have much respect for them and many others on this forum. But will not always agree with them. Just like X factor do we always agree? .

I don't think tinfoil or cyclone have used Xfactor and a national strike as a comparative analogy, one is complex and the other is vacuous.. You're right though, I have them down as much more intelligent...thing is you have to work out which one is complex or even relevant. Xfactor or national strike that is.

Edited by ronthenekred

The Government don't set their own pay. It is done by an independent body.

jb

No, that's MPs pay which is is set by Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.

Ministers pay, who form the government, is set by PM and cabinet.

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 06:40 ----------

Ah so you are unhappy Labour didn't win a free and fair election in 2010. You could have saved a load of time by just saying that. Well we've got one coming up so best of luck with that.

Well it's certainly looking good for a Labour majority with a decent lead and 35% in the polls.

Well it's certainly looking good for a Labour majority with a decent lead and 35% in the polls.

Like I said, the UKIP rebels will fall in line and vote tory at the election anyway and that sums up the UK

Whether I do or not is none of your business, who are you anyway?

I'm tinfoilhat and I just asked a perfectly civil question and you've been unexplainably rude.

There will not be a national strike,unions have been gelded and have very little power now.

bring the army in :o

Yeah Capt Mainwarings lot would sort this country out.:hihi::hihi::hihi::help:

There is a national strike, in 2 days time

Turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.

There will not be a national strike,unions have been gelded and have very little power now.

Who needs unions?

People can unite without them.

Only the public sector are interested in striking at the moment, and to be honest they are wasting their time and money, as most strikers have found in the past.

The days of unions holding the country to ransom have long gone, and for 30 years I was a union member myself, but the unions are generally run by the same politically motivated 'selfish' agenda driven people that run everything else, they are mostly in it for themselves.

Taking time off work without being in a union and taking such action without going through the proper legal channels will basically get you the sack ..... so pretty pointless contemplating a National strike unless you are in a union and are prepared to fight and lose more money !

People generally are apathetic when it comes to taking action, times have changed, most people just get on with their own lives .... and who can blame them for that.

We live in a selfish, me orientated world, everybody wants more for less and most working people would argue they need or deserve more money, but the days of annual pay rises are long gone, in much of the private sector very long gone.

I pity anyone who generally struggles, particularly those who go out and graft just to make ends meet, but at least they are trying and with a bit of luck will eventually reap some reward, but not everyone is up for the fight, some guy posted a plea on this very forum last night and I almost offered to send him some help until he mentioned his 20k plus Audi, without wanting to sound too judgemental, he had clearly got some priorities wrong .... it's a common problem these days IMHO !

Edited by Michael_W

Only the public sector are interested in striking at the moment, and to be honest they are wasting their time and money, as most strikers have found in the past.

The days of unions holding the country to ransom have long gone, and for 30 years I was a union member myself, but the unions are generally run by the same politically motivated 'selfish' agenda driven people that run everything else, they are mostly in it for themselves.

Taking time off work without being in a union and taking such action without going through the proper legal channels will basically get you the sack ..... so pretty pointless contemplating a National strike unless you are in a union and are prepared to fight and lose more money !

People generally are apathetic when it comes to taking action, times have changed, most people just get on with their own lives .... and who can blame them for that.

We live in a selfish, me orientated world, everybody wants more for less and most working people would argue they need or deserve more money, but the days of annual pay rises are long gone, in much of the private sector very long gone.

I pity anyone who generally struggles, particularly those who go out and graft just to make ends meet, but at least they are trying and with a bit of luck will eventually reap some reward, but not everyone is up for the fight, some guy posted a plea on this very forum last night and I almost offered to send him some help until he mentioned his 20k plus Audi, without wanting to sound too judgemental, he had clearly got some priorities wrong .... it's a common problem these days IMHO !

How will a national strike get everyone the sack? If everyone downed tools and didn't go back to work until demands were met, the government would have to comply.

Strikes aren't affective enough because not enough people take part in them and they aren't taken for long enough periods.

How will a national strike get everyone the sack? If everyone downed tools and didn't go back to work until demands were met, the government would have to comply.

Strikes aren't affective enough because not enough people take part in them and they aren't taken for long enough periods.

I never said it would, stop taking things out of context or learn to read :roll:

What strike action are you prepared to take fella ?

What tools will you put down other than your hardwired SF keyboard ?

Edited by Michael_W