Virgin Media 'no dial tone' Wordsworth Avenue S5

Zotan

I've just tried phoning out from work here in the centre of the Sheffield and I'm having no joy, so it looks like it's throughout the city.

We use First Call, although I believe it's through the BT line.

Regards

Doom

I'm livid about this. We pay and rely on Virgin for alarm calls each morning. When we couldn't get a tone to even set the alarm last night on going to bed, (often we're 10 or even 30 minutes messing about because the service isn't working!), we did the online postcode checker which told us there was NO FAULT IN OUR AREA. We went round last night through house, unplugging and resetting all phones, but still nothing.

We've phoned a relative with mobiles and asked them to arrange for an engineer to come, and hey presto, we come on here and we find out it's a local fault, and a major one at that.

Virgin Media, why bother having an online service checker if you don't update it?! It's obviously just for show! What a pathetic service!

Virgin Media, why bother having an online service checker if you don't update it?! It's obviously just for show! What a pathetic service!

That has been one of my bugbears for the last two years, the service checker says everything is fine but you ring India only to be told their are upgrades/works/power outages etc in your area.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

I'm livid about this. We pay and rely on Virgin for alarm calls each morning. When we couldn't get a tone to even set the alarm last night on going to bed, (often we're 10 or even 30 minutes messing about because the service isn't working!), we did the online postcode checker which told us there was NO FAULT IN OUR AREA. We went round last night through house, unplugging and resetting all phones, but still nothing.

We've phoned a relative with mobiles and asked them to arrange for an engineer to come, and hey presto, we come on here and we find out it's a local fault, and a major one at that.

On the online Service Status, it looks like the fault was reported just after midnight... and they have an estimated fix time of 3pm today...did you look online before midnight?