2 Lancasters Over Derwent THIS Sunday 21st

if they flew in a straight line then that takes them roughly over ecclesall/millhouses/dronfield by the looks of it, but if they're game then they'll deviate north a little to fly over more of the city

I'm sure they used to post flight plans, but just cannot find them

Update....

The planned flypast over Derwent Dam will now take place 30 minutes earlier than originally planned. The two Lancasters will now pass overhead Derwent Dam at 1615 hours, weather and serviceability permitting.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/news/index.cfm?storyid=CA64D45E-5056-A318-A8E79ADC5F3310DE

if they flew in a straight line then that takes them roughly over ecclesall/millhouses/dronfield by the looks of it, but if they're game then they'll deviate north a little to fly over more of the city

I'm sure they used to post flight plans, but just cannot find them

I used to stop at ivy house farm camp site near sibsey which is close to raf coningsby.I have had them literally fly just over the tops of our heads when circling in to land,what a site and sound to witness while sat in my deckchair with a beer in my hand:):)

Flyover this Sunday 21st Sept 4.45pm Derwent Dam by both Lancasters, Spitfire and Hurricane

We're going!!

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/news/index.cfm?storyid=29250E9D-5056-A318-A861958C0A76C57F

Flight time has been brought forward to 4.15 p.m just so people are aware..

---------- Post added 20-09-2014 at 22:19 ----------

Flight time has been brought forward to 4.15 p.m just so people are aware..

sorry didnt see comment above stating the same..

I hope someone here posts a youtube. I'm working.

If you go, post it please!

I hope someone here posts a youtube. I'm working.

If you go, post it please!

It won't be me, I'm relying on someone else photographing and videoing the event too, even though I'm going myself.

I won't be taking a camera or recording device of any kind at all apart from my own eyes and brain. I want to see it live, not through a camera or on the back of a phone.

Sad that so many people will be too busy photographing and videoing it to see it properly for themselves.

This about sums it up -

Sheffield. Park somewhere up near Strines and walk up from there, it's a decent hike but well worth it

This worked for us last time.

Strines pub will charge you parking, but the ticket is redeemable for beer and food. Seemed reasonable to me. That first slog up over strines moor is a beast though, for someone of my "fitness" at least.

---------- Post added 20-09-2014 at 23:54 ----------

Here - http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=417622&y=389983&z=115&sv=417622,389983&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=633&ax=417622&ay=389983&lm=0

This worked for us last time.

Strines pub will charge you parking, but the ticket is redeemable for beer and food. Seemed reasonable to me. That first slog up over strines moor is a beast though, for someone of my "fitness" at least.

How long should I plan for if I go for that option?

Make sure the weather will ok though. The spitfire can't take off if the wind is over 15 knots or fly if it's raining. I suspect the Lancaster might be even more sensitive - the two Lancaster flying in tandem was cancelled a few times.

Pity the Germans didn't know that, could have been a key secret weapon for them - wait for mildly bad weather

How long should I plan for if I go for that option?

It took us a couple of hours at least, of shambolic plodding to get there from the car park at the Strines Pub as I recall. And about the same back. But YMMV as they say, my memory is subject to error!

It won't be me, I'm relying on someone else photographing and videoing the event too, even though I'm going myself.

I won't be taking a camera or recording device of any kind at all apart from my own eyes and brain. I want to see it live, not through a camera or on the back of a phone.

Sad that so many people will be too busy photographing and videoing it to see it properly for themselves.

1st bold: Me too. I've seen it before, but not 2. It was spectacular. I love aircraft and aviation.

Sadly, I have to work.

-

2nd bold, sad for them, I don't care if they spend their time behind the camera, I will appreciate the video, and my speakers are very loud, and I have a great imagination, I'll have to settle for that (second best) :)

Edited by *_ash_*

It took us a couple of hours at least, of shambolic plodding to get there from the car park at the Strines Pub as I recall. And about the same back. But YMMV as they say, my memory is subject to error!

Hmm, I hope it's nice weather tomorrow otherwise I can see the 'can't be arsed' option prevailing.