Vitamin D injections in Sheffield

How the heck did we as a species survive before vitamin tablets and injections then?

we were always out in the fresh air

Alzheimers patients have been found to have low Vitamin D levels even if they have a healthy diet and spend time outdoors. Not much is known about why this is, but taking large dosages of Vitamin D has improved cognitive function in some of these patients.

Like other have said you need to speak to your doctor.

Attempting to self medicate, based on little more than a hunch isn't a very good idea.

Some people like myself cannot absorb certain vitamins .Vitamin D is actually a hormone and needs other elements for it to be used by our cells . If you are taking a Vitamin D supplement it needs to be D3 but you should have your levels of this and calcium checked first . Too much can be as bad as too little always check with a medical professional first . In an otherwise healthy person 15 mins in the sun each day usually works ,the further North you live the more likely it is to be deficient . You can get it from foods ,eggs oils .fish milk .

I also have problems absorbing vitamin d, iron, and calcium.

I'm on four "horse tablets" of adcal daily, and 3 x iron tablets to rectify the malabsorption problem.

Vitamin D deficiency is increasing over here mainly in the Asian communities due to them exposing very little flesh to the sunlight . It was amazing when I worked in pharmacy seeing the different ailments that people presented with depending on what area they lived in. The only person that can advise you correctly when dealing with vitamin supplements is your GP or any other health are worker with access to your medical history. Many people take vitamin supplements without the correct knowledge and will do them more harm than good. Vitamins can react with all sorts of current medications and health conditions

Vitamin D deficiency is increasing over here mainly in the Asian communities due to them exposing very little flesh to the sunlight . It was amazing when I worked in pharmacy seeing the different ailments that people presented with depending on what area they lived in. The only person that can advise you correctly when dealing with vitamin supplements is your GP or any other health are worker with access to your medical history. Many people take vitamin supplements without the correct knowledge and will do them more harm than good. Vitamins can react with all sorts of current medications and health conditions

mine isn't to do with my being a Hijaabi. I have a number of autoimmune conditions which affect the absorption of iron and certain vitamins from my food.

I have a deficiency of vit d. The doctor gave me loads of tablets on prescription. At the time I said I could probably get some from a shop cheaper than a prescription but he said I'd get about 3 months worth which made it worth it.

Strange though as I spend loads of times out doors and eat lots of oily fish etc.

Some people like myself cannot absorb certain vitamins .Vitamin D is actually a hormone and needs other elements for it to be used by our cells . If you are taking a Vitamin D supplement it needs to be D3 but you should have your levels of this and calcium checked first . Too much can be as bad as too little always check with a medical professional first . In an otherwise healthy person 15 mins in the sun each day usually works ,the further North you live the more likely it is to be deficient . You can get it from foods ,eggs oils .fish milk .

I've always wondered, when they say '15 minutes in the sun', what does that mean? Does it mean in full direct sunlight or just natural daylight?

And surely it depends on what clothes you're wearing? On a cloudy day in winter with just my face exposed how long do I have to be outside for?