My Video Logs..

:hihi:

Hi Mr Bedrock! :wave:

I've just watched videos V1 & V3 and thought they were very good.

I really like your laid back style, and there are also a few good one-liners in there too! :)

I like that the footage is raw and not edited, but perhaps they are a little too long for most people to watch?

Ignore the knockers - if it's something you enjoy doing let's see some more! :thumbsup:

I missed the bits with the knockers.!!!!!

I missed the bits with the knockers.!!!!!

I suspect you probably missed most of it then... :roll:

... but they're there... and Mr Bedrock even treated us to a closeup! ;)

Although I'm not a great lover of your postings and have stopped reading them, this latest one made me curious and I clicked on the links supplied to have a look at them.

On a good note:- All the footage shot was sharp and clear.

On a negative note:- There was no theme to any of the footage - all you were doing was panning different area's ........ something anyone with a camcorder can do.

If your serious and interested in video work, then when you undertake the next part of the course, get the tutors to show you how to create a video with a theme in mind.

What I mean by this...... you choose a subject and location in which to film, select a point of interest and start off filming that part as an opening for your film, pan the area to show what surroundings its in and any other point of interest that may be close by, build up a story / theme about what you have recorded.

Years ago, I use to own an expensive large video camera, the type you have to rest on your shoulder to be able to operate it....... and I use to do a lot of video work including editing, in which I edited into my films: fade ins / fade outs, scrolling titles and music background appropriate to the theme I was shooting - that is, if the film contained no dialogue.

Although I'm not a great lover of your postings and have stopped reading them, this latest one made me curious and I clicked on the links supplied to have a look at them.

On a good note:- All the footage shot was sharp and clear.

On a negative note:- There was no theme to any of the footage - all you were doing was panning different area's ........ something anyone with a camcorder can do.

If your serious and interested in video work, then when you undertake the next part of the course, get the tutors to show you how to create a video with a theme in mind.

What I mean by this...... you choose a subject and location in which to film, select a point of interest and start off filming that part as an opening for your film, pan the area to show what surroundings its in and any other point of interest that may be close by, build up a story / theme about what you have recorded.

Years ago, I use to own an expensive large video camera, the type you have to rest on your shoulder to be able to operate it....... and I use to do a lot of video work including editing, in which I edited into my films: fade ins / fade outs, scrolling titles and music background appropriate to the theme I was shooting - that is, if the film contained no dialogue.

The videos are something I did so was not a part of any course but chose the college as I have been there last few months so wanted to film the nice grounds as the weather was so nice.

I do not plan to do many as said that want them to be a natural thing and do not plan to send them to Hollywood but going on Hollywood's recent remakes / reboots / Michael Bay tosh then my little videos are light years ahead.

Good stuff, I wouldn't do any myself (don't have much to talk about!) but I do like the fact you don't hide away and not afraid to reveal yourself on here, I know you have a few critics who will remain anonymous keyboard warriors forever.

While on the subject of video blog things, what do you make of this guy, he has a massive following!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8a2_1406063016

Good stuff, I wouldn't do any myself (don't have much to talk about!) but I do like the fact you don't hide away and not afraid to reveal yourself on here, I know you have a few critics who will remain anonymous keyboard warriors forever.

While on the subject of video blog things, what do you make of this guy, he has a massive following!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8a2_1406063016

Its nice to see private pyle isn't dead after all:hihi:

I feel so let down, I honestly thought you were rich. :(

(Rich the person and not rich wealthy)

I feel so let down, I honestly thought you were rich. :(

(Rich the person and not rich wealthy)

Don't troll Rich or he will have the mods on you.:hihi:

I've just got back from a fantastic week long holiday, staying in a rented cottage just inland of Saltburn at the top of the North Yorkshire moors, and to be honest, I thought I'd be a bit miserable when I got home ... but NO ... I found this! :o

Having watched the first two episodes of this riveting series, I feel stupid that I even bothered going on holiday in the first place! ... the close-up of the bathroom sink is masterful, the sideways shot of a door sublime ... the directional skill easily outclassing the likes of Eisenstein, Truffaut, Welles and Coppola by miles!

And I've still got one episode left to watch! ... I'm so chuffed it's going to be a regular series like Breaking Bad (rubbish in comparison to 'My Video Logs' of course). I'm just so excited about the prospect of seeing the O/P (under the pseudonym of Beddersberg) manufacturing crystal-meth in the Number 23 bus-stop shelter near Barnsley College.

True genius ... off to watch the last episode in this series now, can't wait for the second season which starts in September! :thumbsup:

I've just got back from a fantastic week long holiday, staying in a rented cottage just inland of Saltburn at the top of the North Yorkshire moors, and to be honest, I thought I'd be a bit miserable when I got home ... but NO ... I found this! :o

Having watched the first two episodes of this riveting series, I feel stupid that I even bothered going on holiday in the first place! ... the close-up of the bathroom sink is masterful, the sideways shot of a door sublime ... the directional skill easily outclassing the likes of Eisenstein, Truffaut, Welles and Coppola by miles!

And I've still got one episode left to watch! ... I'm so chuffed it's going to be a regular series like Breaking Bad (rubbish in comparison to 'My Video Logs' of course). I'm just so excited about the prospect of seeing the O/P (under the pseudonym of Beddersberg) manufacturing crystal-meth in the Number 23 bus-stop shelter near Barnsley College.

True genius ... off to watch the last episode in this series now, can't wait for the second season which starts in September! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the glowing review !!! :hihi:

:hihi:

I particularly like the way that in his first video Mr Bedrock gives us a feeling for the real essence of Barnsley College by showing us that fleeting glimpse of the evening sunlight glistening upon the unflushed toilet bowl.

The unconventional camera angle plays with our senses and makes the everyday subject matter come alive.

It was so real that I could almost smell it, and I was instantly transported back to my student days... ;)