Peacocks in Sheffield

Strines Inn has the peacock sanctuary behind the pub, it's fab. If you need advice, maybe give them a call at the pub.

There's a good few Indian Peacocks on the High Riggs above Stannington there distinctive as there all white.

Loads near the house half way up

never had a peacock or hen in my garden there's a farm just out of Sheffield heading for Barnsley where I used to get my chickens from and they sold peacocks. heaven knows why some one would want peacocks is beyond me as they must be the noisiest animal on the planet, and if the male displays get ready to be attacked shoo it away x

never had a peacock or hen in my garden there's a farm just out of Sheffield heading for Barnsley where I used to get my chickens from and they sold peacocks. heaven knows why some one would want peacocks is beyond me as they must be the noisiest animal on the planet, and if the male displays get ready to be attacked shoo it away x

lol it went for me yesterday!!

Its gone now.

I want a peacock :(

There used to be one in Oughtibridge, you could hear it from Wharncliffe Crags

They live near Deepcar, at a property below Parsonage Farm and yep you can still hear them from the crags or from other side!

There are also Peacocks at the Strines Inn, including white ones :)

Nice video, he's a beauty! What kind of snake is it in the other video do you know?

Edited by vwkittie

They live near Deepcar, at a property below Parsonage Farm and yep you can still hear them from the crags or from other side!

There are also Peacocks at the Strines Inn, including white ones :)

Nice video, he's a beauty! What kind of snake is it in the other video do you know?

YES! There is actually a big thread on here about the snake titled 'Snake Spotted North Of Sheffield'. It was also put on wearebarnsley a news website and the general consensus was that it was a grass snake :hihi:

Hi everyone.

I want to know if any of you have ever had a peacock appear in their garden?

I work up the other day and looked out of the curtains only to see a peacock on my garage roof!

I called the relevant authorities and they said it was someone pet, they often break free, just leave it alone and it will go.

Well its been 2 days now and its still here!

By the way I live in Barnsley but us poor Barnsley folk don't have such a gracious forum...I love Sheffield though

If you want to see the video its here:

If you don't watch it fine but give me a solution in the comments! :help:

Good luck.

We bought a pair about 5 years ago for around £200. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the things make a frightful racket and are impossible to catch. They breed rather too well and when we started breaking the eggs to keep numbers down they flew off to the local wood to nest before returning with their new family.

I suppose the answer is they stay where there is food but as we have chickens and pheasants feeding isn't really an option.

Good luck.

We bought a pair about 5 years ago for around £200. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the things make a frightful racket and are impossible to catch. They breed rather too well and when we started breaking the eggs to keep numbers down they flew off to the local wood to nest before returning with their new family.

I suppose the answer is they stay where there is food but as we have chickens and pheasants feeding isn't really an option.

Hi its gone now. People in the local area have spotted it a number of times. I hope its found its way back home and not into someones pot! The local news have picked it up http://www.wearebarnsley.com/news/article/5841/peacock-spotted-sunbathing-on-barnsley-roof

This one hasn't made a noise he's been very quiet!:confused:

They are extremely noisy when in good voice.