Crime does pay!!

I always find it funny to read threads like this, those that hate everything about Islam all of a sudden sound an awful lot like they want Sharia laws introduced.

I must admit that I have only read these posts in quick time, but will you give me examples, in these posts, which sound an awful lot like they want Sharia laws introduced. I am always willing to learn from an old master like yourself.

Utterly ridiculous of course non offenders be given more of a chance. As these criminals need to know that crime doesnt pay.

It's not quite cutting off their hands, but the idea that you're teaching someone that "crime doesn't pay" by refusing to allow them to find legal work after they've served their sentence is pretty wrong headed.

---------- Post added 26-06-2014 at 17:21 ----------

Whilst I agree with the equitable principle of the above, the reality check says that offenders rehabilitated through placement at these recycling centres are better-placed in the race for such jobs, because they have acquired work experience as part of their rehabilitation and the employer saves itself repeat training, induction processes and all manner of HR/admin bits and bobs (all of which factors are cost centres) for a newcomer.

It's not their fault (ex-)offenders are more economical to employ after their sentence, than law-abiding competitors for the job: it's simple economics.

If you want fairness, don't rehabilitate offenders in such schemes/places (but then, that's one avenue of rehabilitation closed-off).

The same issue will apply wherever they do their community service though.

Make them act as apprentices in some trade as a sentence, and low and behold when they've finished the sentence they now have experience as an apprentice in that trade!

---------- Post added 26-06-2014 at 17:22 ----------

As the OP states, these wronguns are getting a free pass from community service straight into employment. Where is the easy entry route for the honest man. Totally wrong.

It's not a free pass, they're leveraging the skills they've gained in order to compete fairly in the open job market.

It's economics in action.

If crime dose not pay why are all the comuntiy service criminals been set on the books after doing their hours at our dump it sites?

I have worked at one of the 5 dump it sites for 4 years and been trying to get my lad a job since I started. We are now been forced to work with community service people who have been done for eg, violence , drugs , theft. Who are been rewarded with a job after.

Surely they other people out there who deserve a job more then them?

Is that the route to go down these days if you want a job go get caught beating someone up?

I think its unfair to the people who are out of work and deserve a job

What do you you want ex criminals to do then, carry on committing crime?

Should ex offenders be shunned by society and carry on committing crimes or should they be given a chance to live a law abiding life?

Some criminals are more qualified than normal people so it's about qualifications when it comes to employment and there are thankfully employers out there that don't write people off just because they have a record.

They should have to apply for the jobs not just given to them on a plate, but how many employers would give them a job if they had to apply like everybody else

What's to say that they didn't apply for these particular jobs.

It's not hard to see why they were hired. The most recent experience on their CV was "worked in this specific job", presumably they only hired the ones where a supervisor was happy with the work they did.

What's to say that they didn't apply for these particular jobs.

It's not hard to see why they were hired. The most recent experience on their CV was "worked in this specific job", presumably they only hired the ones where a supervisor was happy with the work they did.

no they do not have to apply for the jobs! There given to them on a silver plate. So if anyone is out of work all you have to do is go out steel something or sell drugs get caught and then look forward to your new status Employed!!

Well I firmly believe that anybody who has committed any offence, even one as minor as smoking at a bus stop, or littering, or breaking the speed limit or parking in a no-waiting zone, or picking their nose, or yawning in public should be beheaded.

It's not fair that perfect law-abiding people like all the holier-than-thou whingers that inhabit Sheffield Forum should have to share a world full of criminals like the rest of us.

Really, given how perfect all you Sheffielders are, I'm amazed that any crime has ever been committed in Sheffield since the 1500s (when Mary, Queen of Scots was imprisoned at Manor Lodge)

Edited by The Joker

Well I firmly believe that anybody who has committed any offence, even one as minor as smoking at a bus stop, or littering, or breaking the speed limit or parking in a no-waiting zone, or picking their nose, or yawning in public should be beheaded.

It's not fair that perfect law-abiding people like all the holier-than-thou whingers that inhabit Sheffield Forum should have to share a world full of criminals like the rest of us.

Really, given how perfect all you Sheffielders are, I'm amazed that any crime has ever been committed in Sheffield since the 1500s (when Mary, Queen of Scots was imprisoned at Manor Lodge)

I've never been rewarded for picking my nose and surely they shouldn't be rewarded for there criminal acts

If someone wanted to fairly and openly hire an expert nose picker, your experience would see you in good stead.

---------- Post added 27-06-2014 at 08:45 ----------

no they do not have to apply for the jobs! There given to them on a silver plate. So if anyone is out of work all you have to do is go out steel something or sell drugs get caught and then look forward to your new status Employed!!

You seem to have a lot of information about the situation... Have you considered emailing your councillor instead of complaining on the forum?