Snake spotted North of Sheffield

Last time my trouser snake escaped, it were found in lovely Helens bed just down the road. :)

She were pleasantly shocked. :)

There's Grass Snakes all along the Don.

I've even seen one below Lady's Bridge.

And that isn't a euphemism.

Are you calling me a Tory? :huh::confused:

I was talking about snakes :-)

Yeah and it'll be dead within a few months after starving to death.

They do not do well in captivity and that's if you ignore the fact its illegal to remove from the wild.

These generally live on small frogs and only the very odd rodent.

Don't mean to sound harsh but they really should be left where they are.

Totally agree. I see quite a few where I live, always like watching them

I saw a snake slithering across the road where the scrap yard is and the train track runs across the road at Beighton about 4years ago now...I was stunned to see a snake on the road and was driving at the time so I couldnt stop to take a photo of it on my mobile phone....when I got home I rang my husband and told him about it...and all he did was laugh..he thought I had been drinking....not seen one since....:hihi:

I saw a snake slithering across the road where the scrap yard is and the train track runs across the road at Beighton about 4years ago now...I was stunned to see a snake on the road and was driving at the time so I couldnt stop to take a photo of it on my mobile phone....when I got home I rang my husband and told him about it...and all he did was laugh..he thought I had been drinking....not seen one since....:hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Last time my trouser snake escaped, it were found in lovely Helens bed just down the road. :)

She were pleasantly shocked. :)

I thought we was talking snakes here, not maggots ?. I am sure there is a fishing thread were you could talk about your adventures :hihi:

Back to snakes, I will take a run out to pebbley this week if I get the chance, and see if I can see any, T B C.

I thought we was talking snakes here, not maggots ?. I am sure there is a fishing thread were you could talk about your adventures :hihi:

Back to snakes, I will take a run out to pebbley this week if I get the chance, and see if I can see any, T B C.

Report back here with all intel asap! :cool:

I need to get myself a Mongoose.....I hate snakes.

Regards

Doom

There was a young grass snake in our garden pond in S26 earlier this year.