Sheffield is on Wikipedia's homepage today

That's good isn't it? :)

So it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I wonder if Wikipedia localises its home page though, I mean are people logging on to Wiki's homepage in New York seeing Sheffield on the homepage?

Nope it isn't, we are genuinely the top-story for the day! Now all folks can read about our glorious city.

Note that it's the "History of Sheffield" thats on there, implying that Sheffield's glory days are in the past.

Note that it's the "History of Sheffield" thats on there, implying that Sheffield's glory days are in the past.

You're so 'glass-half-empty'...

Note to anyone in the world who comes across this thread - miserable embittered whingers like HH are not representative of Sheffield people.

Most are good humoured and generous of spirit.

So it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I wonder if Wikipedia localises its home page though, I mean are people logging on to Wiki's homepage in New York seeing Sheffield on the homepage?

im not in sheffield and i see it, im not in new york however, best i can do lol

You're so 'glass-half-empty'...

Note to anyone in the world who comes across this thread - miserable embittered whingers like HH are not representative of Sheffield people.

Most are good humoured and generous of spirit.

However miserable and conceited they may be generally.

I'm not even from Sheffield. Chesterfield would be better on Wikipedia's homepage as it has a far longer and more storied history than Sheffield.

I'm not even from Sheffield. Chesterfield would be better on Wikipedia's homepage as it has a far longer and more storied history than Sheffield.

And the people have more fingers than the average human. :|

And the people have more fingers than the average human. :|

and a crooked spire

oh wait no that sounds wrong :P

Yeah!, I can see it now.

Chesterfield, a small quiet village near Sheffield - so sleepy that they named a sofa after it.:hihi:

The English revolution was plotted in Chesterfield, and Richard the Lionheart and his crusaders stopped in the town on his way to the Holy land.