Ukip. All discussion here please.

They may win the election but they will be toothless.... UKIP will be Kingmakers

In your dreams.

If Labour win, then I suspect they'll be far more likely to make a deal with the SNP than UKIP.

And that's presuming UKIP actually manage to get more than a couple of MPs in to Westminster at a general election. With the first-past-the-post system, it will be a lot harder for UKIP to oust even Lib Dem MPs, let alone the two big parties. Coming first with not much margin in what were marginal tory seats, with the same MP as was incumbent rather than a new outsider, isn't a glowing indication of UKIP success across the country. There'll be a lot of work, and needs to be a lot less arguments between candidates and the leadership to give them even a remote chance of getting a notable number of MPs.

Besides, if Labour are made toothless by kingmakers, that would surely apply to the kingmakers themselves. After all, it's not like the Lib Dems managed to get all their policies implemented in this session as part of their deal with the Tories.

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 22:15 ----------

Has anyone else noticed how the arguments against UKIP has changed? They've lost the arguments and now resort to denying we are well supported...

Well the responses changed because you lot started going on about how it didn't matter that your policies were nonsense, your candidates are just saying things that they have no intention of implementing and that your leader is only just managing to keep control of his membership, because everybody is planning to vote for you.

Which as is plain to see, is just as fanciful as everything else you lot spout.

In your dreams.

If Labour win, then I suspect they'll be far more likely to make a deal with the SNP than UKIP.

And that's presuming UKIP actually manage to get more than a couple of MPs in to Westminster at a general election. With the first-past-the-post system, it will be a lot harder for UKIP to oust even Lib Dem MPs, let alone the two big parties. Coming first with not much margin in what were marginal tory seats, with the same MP as was incumbent rather than a new outsider, isn't a glowing indication of UKIP success across the country. There'll be a lot of work, and needs to be a lot less arguments between candidates and the leadership to give them even a remote chance of getting a notable number of MPs.

Besides, if Labour are made toothless by kingmakers, that would surely apply to the kingmakers themselves. After all, it's not like the Lib Dems managed to get all their policies implemented in this session as part of their deal with the Tories.

They would still struggle to get things through because the majority wont be very large.

I'd forget about everything that's happened in the past... there's not been a time like this before when masses of people are deserting the main parties. I want Labour to win. I think there will be a greater chance of them making an enormous mess of things. I'm not particularly bothered if the country is brought to its knees. It's time for change we've had enough...

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 22:20 ----------

Do you really believe that UKIP will win the election?

they may get 100 seats... you just watch.

There's every possibility that there will be another few Rotherhams, terrorism and economic crash before the election. Where do you think those undecided will go? Labour? lol Conservatives, not likely...

I'm not particularly bothered if the country is brought to its knees.

That sounds like a UKIP policy.

they may get 100 seats... you just watch.

So might the Lib Dems.

There's every possibility that there will be another few Rotherhams, terrorism and economic crash before the election. Where do you think those undecided will go? Labour? lol Conservatives, not likely...

Equally, UKIP could self-implode again, just like all the other anti-EU parties do on a regular basis.

Equally, UKIP could self-implode again, just like all the other anti-EU parties do on a regular basis.

That's not going to happen. There are very few circumstances that would stop, those already UKIP supporters, from voting for them. Nothing will stop me.

Nigel's in-laws failed to do it. I doubt he will.

He's already done it.

There has been a massive change in the usual Westminster toads...

I heard a Labour politician say today... we he sees England flags flying from someones house he feels they are celebrating their identity...

Yeah right, course you do mate...

:hihi:

Nothing will stop me.

We know. Farage could be admit to being a practising satanist who's actually trying to return the country to the dark ages and will accept every vote as a donation of a soul and you'd just write it off as a press nonsense because it doesn't fit in with your blinkered view of the world, that or you'd start attacking the other parties for not being satanists when that's obviously the future. :hihi: