Infamous Balti King

jerryboy

Come on. Own up. Which people work for Balti King?

Some reviews seem a little OTT and more like a promotion than a review!

Have you been ?

Not saying the best place to go depends on what you want .but we like it { see above]

Moorlands good cheep carvary so is the cross pool tavern

but for a l Indian we like this one

basic but good go down stairs all students up stairs

One at cystel peaks help your self 10/10 but not cheap

Think help yourself about £12/13 each

Went there yesterday, cant fault the carvery...

Will have to remember to go 30 minutes after it opens though as there is a right queue when it first opens.

been goin once a week without fail for quite a long time now

out of approx 150 visits its only disapointed 3 times!!!

butlers,too oily-and overpriced!

dilshad-watery dishes,with no taste-EXTORTIONATE prices too

al ameer-boil in the bag chicken??? NO BAR! FOUL STUFF

zeenat - great till they had a refurb and doubled the prices to pay for it!!

no matter where u go,if u r a regular,you wont always be happy with your grub-

if you are,then you are easily pleased?

for every 4 trips to balti king-it costs the same as 2 trips to butlers

one trip to rajput

2.95 for a plate of boiled rice-- CMON,,,

DOES BATMAN WORK AT RAJPUT

???

SOMBODY IS "ROBIN" AT THAT PLACE

been goin once a week without fail for quite a long time now

out of approx 150 visits its only disapointed 3 times!!!

butlers,too oily-and overpriced!

dilshad-watery dishes,with no taste-EXTORTIONATE prices too

al ameer-boil in the bag chicken??? NO BAR! FOUL STUFF

zeenat - great till they had a refurb and doubled the prices to pay for it!!

no matter where u go,if u r a regular,you wont always be happy with your grub-

if you are,then you are easily pleased?

for every 4 trips to balti king-it costs the same as 2 trips to butlers

one trip to rajput

2.95 for a plate of boiled rice-- CMON,,,

DOES BATMAN WORK AT RAJPUT

???

SOMBODY IS "ROBIN" AT THAT PLACE

So you are saying that Rajput is 4x more expensive than BK? I don't think so, and even if it was, its about 4x as good!

I haven't eaten at Baltiking myself but its one of the most popular takeaways we have listed for Sheffield. Looking at the orders at least 60% are for students and they eat a lot of takeaway so they no doubt know best. And to be honest we don't get any complaints about delivery or quality issues.

The people behind Balti King also run the 24 booze sheffield which is also a fav among our student users , don't know why though!?

Hmm.... how are the star ratings calculated? I don't actually see any reviews when clicking?

Looks like balti king and 24/7 are the only listings in that area that have any rating associated... maybe that has something to do with it?

I have to say I've not been for a long time but food used to be terrible... bright red or yellow random coloured dishes that most of the time the staff didn't know what they were...

It used to be popular when I went as it was the only late night place in the area that served booze after 12.00 every night of the week... i think to most extents it still has very little competition in that area at least...

I haven't eaten at Baltiking myself but its one of the most popular takeaways we have listed for Sheffield. Looking at the orders at least 60% are for students and they eat a lot of takeaway so they no doubt know best. And to be honest we don't get any complaints about delivery or quality issues

I'd never heard of your site, but I did use a similar site to order from there a few weeks ago. I repeat:

Years ago I lived near Balti King and ate there regularly and was never disappointed. I now live in the city centre and hadn't used Balti King in ages but decided to order a takeaway to be delivered for me and my partner for when she finished work.

I discovered the link on their website which lets you order online - I thought this would be a useful thing to do as you can pick a specific time to receive your food (my partner finished work at 8 so wanted it at about quarter past). WARNING: DO NOT TRY AND ORDER ONLINE, IT'S A SHAMBLES. When I was taken to the order confirmation page, nothing happened. I didn't know if my order had gone through. Therefore I had to ring the restaurant anyway when I got home at 5 to check they'd actually got the order. "Yes yes it's here, will be with you in 10 minutes." So they'd clearly ignored the time I specified when making the order. I then had to quickly explain that I'd asked for the food to be delivered at quarter past 8 - but this seemed to be misunderstood 'quarter to 8?' NO - QUARTER PAST 8; three times I emphasised this, until the guy said 'OK' and promptly hung up on me.

7.35 pm - guess what happens? Yes, the buzzer rings and it's here. I went down and, already slightly annoyed (partly because I just knew this was going to happen) tried to explain again that I'd not asked for it to be delivered for another 40 minutes. The delivery guy just shrugged his shoulders "What can I do about it, it says here 7.45". Feeling pressured to then just pay up, I had to run to a cash machine (I didn't have the cash on me) and take the food.

By the time my partner got home the food was nearly cold and it turned out my curry was completely wasted as it had not been packed properly and had leaked out everywhere. Add to this the fact that the delivery guy also short-changed me £1.

It was only after a persistent call of complaint to the manager did they finally reluctantly offer to make some amends by re-sending our order. So in the end, we got our food 45 minutes later, and I'd been overcharged for the whole inconvenience. It's safe to say after this that I will not be using Balti King again.

its not amazing but i would advise trying it yourself (1)instead of reading the high horsers on here slag it off, saying its rubbish because its for students etc. those in broomhill should be glad of the students presence, it wouldn't be what it is today without them.

(2)no food poisoning for me. felt fine. in fact, id even go again.

1. What have the students got to do with it? If I am 'slagging it off', it's because of poor service, nothing else. As a consumer I'm perfectly entitled to make a valid complaint - how that makes me, or anyone else, a high horser, god only knows.

2. Shocking. Well that's good to know. Not every person who eats at Balti King gets food poisoning - how reassuring for them.

Archived