Clarkson and the N word

really? my goodness what a pathetic rant:roll: get a grip man:loopy:

I thought it (typically for me) rather witty!

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 04:22 ----------

It's working then. He's got under your skin.

God no, he doesn't get under my skin, the opposite - he bores the hell out of me - couldn't give stuff about fast cars, but used to quite like Top Gear - it was fair telly on sunday night, often quite funny, his carefully scripted 1 liners sometimes well written & delivered - but his deadpan, naive routine quickly became a bit samey and so he resorted to being 'controversial' to keep his ratings up & quickly became a comic version of an overgrown public school twit (me and the hamster decided to hide a chicken up capt slow's inlet valve - that kind of stuff) looked forced and badly acted,

so he resorted to being the only chappie on telly brave enough to say 'slope' and 'nigga' on prime time and that is barrel scraping, poor thing.

not calling for it to be banned (I'm not that bothered), just for his nanny to smack his legs and send to the dorm without his warm milk.

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 04:49 ----------

So is "Sl*g".

Would you mind if someone called your mum a sl*g ?

"Watter off a ducks back mum, ignore him/her, i am. It's only a word" :help:

Have you met his mum? how did you know?

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 05:03 ----------

just read his grovelling apology - he's really really sorry, he hates that word & tried his very very best not to say it, but it jumped out of his mouth without his knowledge when he was least expecting it.

For me that's closure, leave the poor man alone - could happen to anyone. The other day I accidentally said 'ramparts' & the word 'whelk' leapt from my lips on Tuesday when I was trying to say 'cornflakes'.

If he got sacked, what would all the office morons talk about on Monday mornings?

"Did you watch it?" Chuckle chuckle

"Yeah brilliant!" He he

"When he crashed that car into a tree! Classic!"

Obviously the staged/faked stunt changes each week, but the conversation is the same.

Unsurprisingly you got here first, there's that dimwit throwing stones around his conservatory again :hihi:

it was of nice of him to be thinking about you though BF, Halibut got a mention but didn't show, I wasn't even considered!! pur -

So is "Sl*g".

Would you mind if someone called your mum a sl*g ?

"Watter off a ducks back mum, ignore him/her, i am. It's only a word" :help:

Good point, well made. My mum recently died so it'd be difficult to call her anything. I can't quite come to terms with the emotions of that at the moment.

Can you come up with a different analogy please?

He said the N word whilst reciting a popular and well known rhyme.

Should he be shot?

He sort mumbled the N word (which is one of the many words used in that rhyme ) and as usual someone wants to make a fuss about it.

Its a rhyme, nothing more but we live in a world of complainers and people who just cant help but get offended, usually on behalf of someone else.

Edited by Leather man

As long as Blacks can say nigga, Then everyone is entitled to, Otherwise it promotes segregation, And Blacks don't want that right? Want to be Equal init?

You make a good point. If blacks dont like the word and they dont like non blacks using it then they should stop using it themselves.