Charging to use public toilets

It's cheap here. I was in Munich. Cost 1 Euro to use the bog in the Ostbahnhof

Yeah I never really get the argument, in the Netherlands it is normal to pay. To be fair, once I got used to free public toilets here I was increasingly annoyed with having to stump up 50 eurocents or even a euro just for a quick leak.

However, when Rem Koolhaas has a go at designing one, I don't mind: Groningen toilet

If everyone started peeing on the streets, they would soon make public toilets free.

If everyone started peeing on the streets, they would soon make public toilets free.

Then you owe to yourself to commence with your campaign.

Why? There are plenty of toilets around. The morons who pee in the street would carry on doing so even if there were 1000 public toilets.

There are numerous public facilities operated by other providers, council run toilets within the said public buildings and council partnerships under the community toilet scheme. Enough already.

Really what more do people need here. Insist on a free council run toilet on every street corner?

God sake. Some people need to get less time on their hands. Huge cuts to welfare, government funds and health and yet people are moaning about lack of council loos in an area already filled with hundreds of publicly accessible bog seats.

Get real!

I don't think these publicly accessible toilets are well advertised.

Use the ones on the train.

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 21:49 ----------

Toilets dont clean and maintain themselves. That costs money.

There is no legal obligation on local authorities in the United Kingdom to provide public toilets and with money very tight why should precious pennies be spent on such.

There is sufficient provision already provided for the convenience of the public in every major store, restaurant, public house, cinema, theatre, office building, hotel and even in many freely accessible buildings such as the Library, Millenium Galleries, Interchanges and the Town Hall.

If you are not involved with one of the above during your entire visit to the city centre one would question what you are doing there in the first place?

Wandering around all day?

This debate just keeps being raised on and on. Its rediculous.

Go abroad and you will see that hardly anywhere, including places listed above have FREE toilets. Even in fancy restaurants and department stores there is an expectation that you have to pay to use the toilets.

For those with GENUINE medical and/or mobility problems free provision is provided thorugh disabled toilets with the RADAR key scheme. As stated above the Council also engage in the Community Toilet Scheme with many providers.

What more really do you consider they should be doing??

if the goverment didnt spend so much on encourageing immigrants to flood this country with free benifits and everything else...maybe local authorities would have sufficent funds to provide public amienities......and while we are at it....jobs as well

and before you start NO IM NOT RACIST

if the goverment didnt spend so much on encourageing immigrants to flood this country with free benifits and everything else...maybe local authorities would have sufficent funds to provide public amienities......and while we are at it....jobs as well

and before you start NO IM NOT RACIST

AAARRGGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!! !!!!11111!!1!!!!1111!!111

:loopy:

Vote for the Romans at the next elections, they will sort it out.

"By 315 AD, it is said that Rome as a city had 144 public toilets which were flushed clean by running water. All forts had toilets in them. To complement these toilets, the Romans also needed a sufficiently effective drainage system. Many believed that Rome’s sewers were the city’s greatest achievement."

The local council have closed many of the city's toilets and sold them off.

Go on then, name me another thing the Romans did for us.:hihi:

AAARRGGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!! !!!!11111!!1!!!!1111!!111

:loopy:

its just an opinion....nothing else

Use the ones on the train.

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 21:49 ----------

Toilets dont clean and maintain themselves. That costs money.

There is no legal obligation on local authorities in the United Kingdom to provide public toilets and with money very tight why should precious pennies be spent on such.

There is sufficient provision already provided for the convenience of the public in every major store, restaurant, public house, cinema, theatre, office building, hotel and even in many freely accessible buildings such as the Library, Millenium Galleries, Interchanges and the Town Hall.

If you are not involved with one of the above during your entire visit to the city centre one would question what you are doing there in the first place?

Wandering around all day?

This debate just keeps being raised on and on. Its rediculous.

Go abroad and you will see that hardly anywhere, including places listed above have FREE toilets. Even in fancy restaurants and department stores there is an expectation that you have to pay to use the toilets.

For those with GENUINE medical and/or mobility problems free provision is provided thorugh disabled toilets with the RADAR key scheme. As stated above the Council also engage in the Community Toilet Scheme with many providers.

What more really do you consider they should be doing??

Wow what a strange post.

Firstly it wasn't in sheffield I've already put where it was.

The toilet cleaners are hardly high earners are they no doubt on minimum wage also not open 24/7 therefore only a few hours a day.

The public can't win can they no public toilets but can be in trouble if they are caught doing the deed.

I don't like walking into some where to use the toilet ie cafe/restaurant etc if I'm not eating the looks the staff give you,besides I shouldn't have to.

Bottom line you think it's ok to not have toilets for the public I don't.

I was caught short in that there london once and had to pay 40p I think. I was touching cloth at the time so would have paid £40 and save my trousers. It was the smallest cubicle I have been in before or since.