Noisy bird during all hours? river don S6

Im intrigued by this noisy bird that sings all night, it's obviously nesting in the tree's over the river don down leppings lane. It sings ALL NIGHT!

I thought it may be a nightingale but someone said very unlikely!

Any ideas anyone?

It's lovely singing really..

Im intrigued by this noisy bird that sings all night, it's obviously nesting in the tree's over the river don down leppings lane. It sings ALL NIGHT!

I thought it may be a nightingale but someone said very unlikely!

Any ideas anyone?

It's lovely singing really..

Given that you're by the River Don it could be a Reed Warbler, they are known to sing through the night.

A blackbird! really? i didnt realise they were active at night time. Learn something new everyday :)

Blackbirds will be active until after dusk and at first light. But I would suspect you have a robin. Ifthere are any street lights the robin will probably be around. I live in the sticks but if I nip to the loo at 4 am I usually find a robin will arrive on the windowsill 2 minutes after I put on a light. Perhaps I shouldn't feed it.

Yes there are quite a few street lights to go at, it just seems strange because i've lived there for 8 years and only started noticing the singing last winter, never heard it before so im thinking it maybe new to the area...

It is literally all night long, it doesn't shut up and it's a long winded high pitched song.

Either that or im just not sleeping as well as i used to!

Quite possibly a Hillsborough Tree Penguin at this time of year. Their karaoke nights are even worse though as most are tone deaf. Noisy little blighters aren't they ... especially after a few Liquorice Allsorts!

Quite possibly a Hillsborough Tree Penguin at this time of year. Their karaoke nights are even worse though as most are tone deaf. Noisy little blighters aren't they ... especially after a few Liquorice Allsorts!

Hillsborough Tree Penguin! haha :hihi: