New building on arundel gate?

Just wondering what is being built on the old car park on arundel gate opposite the cheese grater?

New Sheffield Hallam University building.

I thank god everyday for the Universities. :thumbsup:

Sheffield would be like Rotherham without them.

Does he finance them?

Yes, God bless all of the new buildings meant for the middle class schoolkids.

:thumbsup:

Funny, I teach frequently at UoS and a lot of the students are working-class kids that want to do better for themselves. Odd how that works, init? :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Funny, I teach frequently at UoS and a lot of the students are working-class kids that want to do better for themselves. Odd how that works, init? :rolleyes:

Funny, I worked frequently for the Home Office and a lot of the students were middle-class 'kids'. Odd how that works, isn't it, what, old chap? :rolleyes:

Funny, I worked frequently for the Home Office and a lot of the students were middle-class 'kids'. Odd how that works, isn't it, what, old chap? :rolleyes:

And this was before or after an increased uptake by the working classes thanks to the new loan system?

btw. I appreciate you might be prejudiced about my class considering I actually teach at Universities. But if there is one thing I am not it is middle class (ie. old chap) - I worked my socks off to be the first in my family with a Masters and soon will be the first with a doctorate, that is a family of 150 people on my dad's side alone.

Edited by tzijlstra
silly mistake

Funny, I teach frequently at UoS and a lot of the students are working-class kids that want to do better for themselves.

It's actually quite understandable that as there are so many students these days a lot of them are working class and a lot of them are middle class.

your still living in the dark ages, we are now in the 21st century, catch up with the modern times then you can comment on something else you probably no nothing about

All the buildings that would still be abandoned dilapidated cutlery works.

It's going to be the new Sheffield Institute Of Education (SIOE, although, somewhat unfortunately, usually referred to as 'Sloe').

It will be training the next generation of teachers for the city and beyond.

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/new-30m-home-for-sheffield-institute-of-education-planned

http://www.shu.ac.uk/sioe/