Best pint of ale in Sheffield

mancmart

I remember Dublin-brewed Guinness was always better than London-brewed Guinness.. but now it's all brewed in Dublin, and bloody rubbish!

I fell about laughing when I went on a trip to Guinness brewery in Dublin. They took you round some relic where folk made wooden barrels and described the process of real ale brewing. None of which actually occurs in the brewery itself which produces artificial crap indoctrinated with various gases which have no place in beer.

A similar situation occurred at the Jameson’s distillery in Cork where we saw pot still and all those wonderful traditional techniques that make great whiskey. None of which are used in the continuous distillation process that produces Jameson’s and the majority of other Southern Irish whiskeys all of which seen to come from the same plant.

I concluded that the Irish know all about tradition and the customer benefits that the traditional techniques bring, but then the accountants come along and it all goes out the window.

I had some wonderful Dancing Duck AbDucktion at the Ale House last week.

Edited by beer

For Sheffield beer in Sheffield, I`d plump for some Steel City at Shakespeares (ahead of Rutland) but, as they don`t have a `regular ale`, mebbe it`d be Deception at Shakey`s. :confused:

or Kipling at Coach and Horses if we can say that Dronfield is actually in Sheffield and Thornbridge counts as a Sheffield brewery.

Edited by jemson
need a pint

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few bottles of IPA recently. Goose Island was particularly nice. Hard to compare with the Flying Dogs I've recently discovered because I'm not doing a proper tasting session with water biscuits and spittoons.

Bally good though.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.