Choosing a Secondary School for your little darlings

Ey up geezers.

Big up ya bad selfs n all that :hihi:

Was just on the BBC website having a look at secondary schools for Sheffield for a mate of mine.

Just thought I'd post the table here in case people are interested or debating which secondary school to send their kids.

Click Me to see the list.

It's sorted by GCSE results gained in 2005 from top to bottom.

Hope this helps someone :thumbsup:

Thanks DaBouncer, you are a star!

I know baby Hels hasn't even put in an appearance yet but that hasn't stopped MrHels looking at moving to a catchment area for a good school!

Thanks DaBouncer, you are a star!

I know baby Hels hasn't even put in an appearance yet but that hasn't stopped MrHels looking at moving to a catchment area for a good school!

ditto for baby babychickens!

never thought i'd be moving house and taking an active interest in catchment areas, particularly 4 or 5 years before it'll even be going to school.

I heard of someone who moved to live just one road away from the school she wanted her kids to go to and it turned out that even though they could spit from their front door to the school they weren't in the catchment area :loopy: and if you are in the catchment area, you aren't guaranteed a place - how does that all work then :loopy:

The way it works is really complex, catchment area, feeder school, siblings allready at school, When the catchment area is "drawn up" the line is not a set distance from the school, ie, they don't draw a circle as such. there is a road near wadsley, one side of the road goes to bradfield, the other goes to wisewood, but some of Stannington is in the catchment for bradfield!!:huh:

Archived