Why Do Oil Companys Persist With Decimal Point??

I agree with OP, also generally get rid of prices ending in 9 and ditch the penny. I throw away coppers anyway they're so pointless.

hiya ,tell you what we do the wife and me we drop our coins ,10,5,2,1, into a little plastic box and after a while take them to ,asda,sainsburys,or the like somewhere where there is a coinmatic machine, and cash them in,no time have we missed them and there is £30.or give them to our son as he tells us at work they are always short of change for the coffee machine.

New, are you? You ain't seen nothing yet...

rickiethecat joined SF a few months before you.

Back in the day we used to have mods who noticed simple things like when people joined the forum.

Not a brilliant advert for a solicitor really Jeffrey - UKIP membership rotting your brain :cool:

rickiethecat joined SF a few months before you.

Back in the day we used to have mods who noticed simple things like when people joined the forum.

Not a brilliant advert for a solicitor really Jeffrey - UKIP membership rotting your brain :cool:

Back in the day SF didn't have so many members ....

Are the mods not allowed to join in with a bit of banter these days?

hiya ,tell you what we do the wife and me we drop our coins ,10,5,2,1, into a little plastic box and after a while take them to ,asda,sainsburys,or the like somewhere where there is a coinmatic machine, and cash them in,no time have we missed them and there is £30.or give them to our son as he tells us at work they are always short of change for the coffee machine.

Same here, it's amazing how they add up. I guess Super Hans is very well off to be able to throw away money.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate carrying 1p, 2p and 5p but instead of throwing them away I keep them to one side. Several months down the line, I take them to the bank and I find myself collected over £5.

hiya, just read these letters again and got to thinking of when i was young when we had to carry loose change around, like, 240d pennies to the £1. 480 half pennies, 80 3d, 40 tanners, 20 1 shillings, 10 2 shillings, 8 half crowns, all for a grand total of £7, mind a weeks wage was around this at the time.