Niche R.I.P

the arches was always better - better tunes, better people and safer!

we went to nimmos (pre niche) and then niche when it changed, but always found it dodgy.

there were more large amounts of drugs there than anywhere else - i remember once, before they could sell booze, walking into the games area and seeing some bouncers bagging up a HUGE amount of coke.

it also seemed to be full of steroid heads and i never thought it was that friendly.

tunes were ok, but a bit samey.

drugs never bothered us, as we were always pilled up anyway, just the grumpy attitude from a lot of people.

arches was always full of drugs, but far more chilled.

rip arches more like!

the arches was always better - better tunes, better people and safer!

we went to nimmos (pre niche) and then niche when it changed, but always found it dodgy.

there were more large amounts of drugs there than anywhere else - i remember once, before they could sell booze, walking into the games area and seeing some bouncers bagging up a HUGE amount of coke.

it also seemed to be full of steroid heads and i never thought it was that friendly.

tunes were ok, but a bit samey.

drugs never bothered us, as we were always pilled up anyway, just the grumpy attitude from a lot of people.

arches was always full of drugs, but far more chilled.

rip arches more like!

If your so bothered about the Arches, then why dont you go and make a R.I.P. Arches thread instead of coming on this one saying how much better the Arches was?

because i went to niche as well and am entitled to my opnion.

can't you handle that?

put your dummy back in, yer big baby.:|

because i went to niche as well and am entitled to my opnion.

can't you handle that?

put your dummy back in, yer big baby.:|

I was merely asking a question, hence the question mark at the end of my sentence.

To your original question - dont go out any more, as my fun bubble burst and doing different stuff, so not high on my priorities now.

I think them both closing is just symptomatic of the times, tastes change, things mutate and move on. They need to with dance music, as it just stagnates otherewise, which is what seems to have happened over the last 5 years or so.

To your original question - dont go out any more, as my fun bubble burst and doing different stuff, so not high on my priorities now.

I think them both closing is just symptomatic of the times, tastes change, things mutate and move on. They need to with dance music, as it just stagnates otherewise, which is what seems to have happened over the last 5 years or so.

the scene stagnating had nothing to do with these two clubs shutting down.

i was a regular at the arches for headcharge and that was as packed on its last night there as it ever was, and im sure niche was always packed out too.

Niche was crap, bring back Roxy's!!!!!!!

Get a grip!!!:loopy:

Roxy's was a whole different club!!

fair enough u are entitled to an opinion on niche. But 'crap' isn't an opinion as far as im concerned!!!!!!

ere ere to that comment on niche-'crap' is just your view cos lets face it- you probly havent really been.

niche to me was the best club ive been because 1)the ppl go for the bassline- they live for the bassline.

2) you only get grief if you go with an attitude

3) it had the best most powerful atmosphere out of any club i have ever been- anywhere.

4) you get to know a lot of mad ravers

if you dont love speedgarage/ bassline house then you would hate it and you would end up stood there miserable as sin but if you love it you would be flyin on the buzz of it for the whole week after!!! :love: :love: :love:

Get a grip!!!:loopy:

Roxy's was a whole different club!!

fair enough u are entitled to an opinion on niche. But 'crap' isn't an opinion as far as im concerned!!!!!!

Technically it is an opinion!

So is this... Niche is well and truly crap.. you would be likely to take some class a drug, get beaten up or to appear on crimewatch..

Some of their music is border line ok.. But it was about time the place got closed down, yeah fair enough i never went in, with good reason(see above point).. :)

Technically it is an opinion!

So is this... Niche is well and truly crap.. you would be likely to take some class a drug, get beaten up or to appear on crimewatch..

Some of their music is border line ok.. But it was about time the place got closed down, yeah fair enough i never went in, with good reason(see above point).. :)

so then u can't pass comment!!!! simple as!!

Its like saying you don't like sex when u haven't even tried it! You can't judge something when you haven't even experienced it.

If you don't like the music then fair enough but as far as im concerned you find drugs everywhere, and in any club you are likely to get beaten up and 'appear on crimewatch' as u put it!! Hell u can even get beaten up for walking in the street in broad daylight!!!!:rant:

i have never been beaten up in Niche or anywhere for that matter and i certainly haven't been on crimewatch!! i started goin at 17(i always looked over 18 when i was younger) till the year it closed down! thats 5years.!!:rant:

Niche did attract a certain clientelle, but why should they be judged for doing what they enjoy! and that simply enjoying themselves and sticking up for themselves when things got heated!! which to be fair could happen in bloody Kingdom, republic, Banus and the rest of the clubs in sheffield.!

so basically rant over!!!!!!!

so then u can't pass comment!!!! simple as!!

so basically rant over!!!!!!!

Top stuff! Sounds like you miss it! And i will pop a certificate in the post for you doing so well at this hard time :)