Niche R.I.P

Never thought i'd have to say this but i'm afraid Niche is no more. We have been to court today to have the ASBO lifted but this was only allowed upon surrender of the licence and personal undertakings signed by myself and the other owners not to apply for any occasional licence or put anyone else up to apply for one. The opposition from the police to Niche was so fierce that we have had to bow to the inevitable and call it a day, a victory for the forces of law & order?

I've read this a few times and there are some things that don't add up. The ABSO could have been lifted but only under certain conditions, those being (to quote the above post) "surrender of the licence and personal undertakings signed by myself and the other owners not to apply for any occasional licence or put anyone else up to apply for one". It seems that those conditions were not met and therefore the ASBO has not been lifted but this was not "inevitable" as there were conditions under which the ASBO could have been lifted.

I'm only going on what has been posted here as I haven't found anything else about the conclusion of this case anywhere else yet but it seems that some of the undertakings which were required by the court before the ASBO could be lifted seemed to apply not to the Niche club itself but to certain individuals involved with the Niche club. Therefore, were the police really opposed to Niche regardless of who owned it and how it was managed or were they opposed to certain individuals who own and have managed Niche? Could Niche have re-opened if it was sold to new owners and given new management? If the current owners of Niche tried to open a new club would the police oppose any licence application? The answers to those questions could tell you whether Niche was really closed by "the forces of law & order" or was closed by the current owners of Niche.

not as simple as that...

R.I.P. niche

from house, to speed garage, to 4/4 garage. place has always been at the forefront of underground house for the past15-17 years. too many good memories from that place.

UNIQUE is the word for niche

R.I.P.

but times will move on, watch this space

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HOO!!!

:confused:

OwlsChick Get Me Added On Msn Some Time This Year ! ! ! :hihi: