New owners of The Shakespeare!!

I gave the pub a go today, twice :) pre and post match.

Clean and a good selection of beers, a large patio area, with a bigger beer garden.

No issues at all, reasonable prices and well kept beers, A long with the Sheaf View and The White Lion a great pub run, all real ales all within 1/2mile of each other.

Just watch out for the front door exit:) the steep steps on exit are still a worry.

DO the EPBs qualify as music? Saw them at SiBA earlier this year. Complete tosh. Fortunately Heeley is well down on my visit list.

Hmmm... the kind of comedy that surely went out with the Barron Knights in the 70s? No thanks. It is true what they say about Yorkshire sometimes - people here really don't change much do they?

Sounds like a.n.other Sheffield fringe pub to me. Nothing exciting to see. But maybe worth making that triangle a precursor to an (albeit brave) walk to the Broadfield.

Oh dear God. Thankfully there is no possibliltiy of me ever going anywhere near on a Sunday night...

As soon as I heard who had taken the pub that is EXACTLY the image I had of it! Good to know that my (albeit often cynical) opinion is also often correct... :$

How very old school ;c)

Fair enough, you don't like the pub – although, having never set foot through the door, I'm not sure how much value your opinion holds. Vote with your feet and go somewhere else, or simply stay at home.

Instead you've posted six times on the subject, denigrating the owners, Heeley, and Yorkshire in the process. I'm curious why you've foisted an opinion on something that doesn't impede your life in any way: a pub you haven't even been to. Are you that desperate for attention?

Fair enough, you don't like the pub – although, having never set foot through the door, I'm not sure how much value your opinion holds. Vote with your feet and go somewhere else, or simply stay at home.

Instead you've posted six times on the subject, denigrating the owners, Heeley, and Yorkshire in the process. I'm curious why you've foisted an opinion on something that doesn't impede your life in any way: a pub you haven't even been to. Are you that desperate for attention?

Didn't say I didn't like the pub... I've never been. Tho would be nice to go sometime. I just need a good reason. And so far I haven't seen one.

If you actually read my posts you'd realise what I DON'T like are the EPB's, boring beer, singalongs and kids running around the place. This is the bleeding 21st century for Christ's sake? Has Sheffield really not moved alond at all in the 20 years since I left? It sounds like a pub that would go down well for family holidays in Skegness - not a serious drinking establishment.

But like I said, I would still go sometime- the posts here just inform me when it is best not to. Oh and thanks for taking the trouble to pick out all my posts. I'm honoured you thought I was worth the effort :c)

---------- Post added 15-09-2014 at 08:47 ----------

Just look at where he's from it says it all.

LOL. Nice trolling. I am actually from Sheffield (and work here) but have spent the last 20 years moving around between Leeds and the North East. When the time came to move back Barnsley was an obvious choice as it's nicely positioned between Sheffield (which I love) Leeds and Manchester. As such I get to go to all kinds of diffferent places. That would include here if it was any good.

Edited by DnAuK

If you actually read my posts you'd realise what I DON'T like are the EPB's, boring beer, singalongs and kids running around the place. This is the bleeding 21st century for Christ's sake? Has Sheffield really not moved alond at all in the 20 years since I left? It sounds like a pub that would go down well for family holidays in Skegness - not a serious drinking establishment.

You obviously view the EPB's as rivals.

Are you Robin, from the Grumbleweeds?

Edited by Mr Bloom

...Fortunately Heeley is well down on my visit list.

Sounds like a.n.other Sheffield fringe pub to me. Nothing exciting to see...

Tho would be nice to go sometime.

:huh:

Oh and thanks for taking the trouble to pick out all my posts. I'm honoured you thought I was worth the effort

No trouble at all; picking apart your posts is hardly challenging.

Edited by Rushup

:huh:

No trouble at all; picking apart your posts is hardly challenging.

Since did 'well down the list' mean 'never'? I like to go on pub runs in various places around the city and, if you are really picking apart my posts, you'd have noticed that I mentioned it might make a nice 3 pub run on the way to the Broadfield (which is a good pub). So sure I'll give it a go ssometime. Even tho I'm not expecting great things.

---------- Post added 16-09-2014 at 14:59 ----------

You obviously view the EPB's as rivals.

Are you Robin, from the Grumbleweeds?

Ah...if there was ever a more apt anaology to the EPB's I haven't it! Thanks for that! I think it makes my point about entertainment that died a death at least 30 years ago nicely. At least it died anywhere with any taste...

DnAuk,

Your negative comments about a venue you have not visited just dont hold water !

Your comments re the EPB have no reasoning or creditability either.

Do you really think the EPB are sat behind the bar, waiting for punters to trigger the door to start a singing session ? :)

Its a real ale pub, a good one, and a fine addition to the local real ale pub trail, the Sheaf View, The Brothers and the White Lion, if your in to walking add the Broadfield and the Union Inn.

So sure I'll give it a go ssometime. Even tho I'm not expecting great things...

Why bother? You've already made your mind up about the place.

DnAuk,

Your comments re the EPB have no reasoning or creditability either.

Do you really think the EPB are sat behind the bar, waiting for punters to trigger the door to start a singing session ? :)

No room for EPB behind the bar. Is it the smallest bar in Sheffield?

Went in recently. It's a nice tidy little backstreet boozer now.

Prices are very reasonable.

The choice of beers wasn't to my taste, all a bit meh around the 4% mark, but the beer garden/terrace is terrific and they've got some drinkable bottles.

Well worth a visit.

Finally made it here. Very nice. The fire is most welcome but the benches are a bit hard. The garden will be great on a nice summers day. Currently drinking Sky's Edge Ella at a very reasonable £2.40 a pint but have my eye on the Blue Bee chocolate and ginger Blitzen Stout

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android