Some people really should be careful when they post on FB

I really think my silly friends need to be careful when they post on Facebook , especially when they are supposed to off sick with " flu" and they are obviously out & about. When will they learn not to do this because they never know who is reading the posts even if they are supposed to be friends with them . I don't know whether to warn them to be careful because I don't want them to get into trouble . Big Brother is on the site & I know this for a fact .

I really think my silly friends need to be careful when they post on Facebook , especially when they are supposed to off sick with " flu" and they are obviously out & about. When will they learn not to do this because they never know who is reading the posts even if they are supposed to be friends with them . I don't know whether to warn them to be careful because I don't want them to get into trouble . Big Brother is on the site & I know this for a fact .

Why don't you just message them on fb and tell them directly?

Funny I was reading a story today on Independent about some idiot hospital worker who Tweeted that he was going to "Save the pubes from the first patient I shaved today and stick them on Wiggins style" and called a surgeon "Mr Vagina-Rage" and "a bell end".

"Working in gynae[cological] theatres AGAIN today. I'm seriously considering going gay! The thought of looking at one more aged flange."

I mean how stupid can you get, really.

Social networking is a plague on the stupid. Matey will probably get the sack (well as it's the Nhs and he hasn't blown the hospital up he probably won't) but people type all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't say privately sober but are happy to stick on Facebook or Twitter in their own name to the world and get surprised when it blows up in their stupid faces.

I know ! It is so ridiculous . Last year our managers went mad at some idiots. I do think some think that nobody from the top will see what they have written , but when they are off sick they need to be careful . Its not the first time one of my friends has done this . One even went on holiday & posted pictures when she was supposed to be off sick .

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 00:16 ----------

This friend of mine is supposed to be off with " flu" , but I had Influenza group A some years ago & I was flat on my back other than crawling to the loo on my hands & knees , so I am a tad sceptical about people saying they have flu when they more than likely have a bad cold in my friends case , this is probably the truth .

If you're off work sick you shouldn't really leave the house. Though I was off sick once with terrible terrible terrible tooth pain and not a wink of sleep, I had to go to the chemist to get some co-codamol (Which didn't help at all - that's how terrible it was) I was so desperate I was eating way more pills than I should have...other than that, I would never leave the house if I was off sick unless I was going out quickly to get meds (Lemsip doesn't count) or see a doctor or something.

Edited by Super Hans

I suppose it gives some immature, attention-hungry people the spurious impression that lots of people are interested in their banal thoughts/comments and for that they are willing to risk their jobs.

The people who post most obsessively on fb seem to me to be those who are not living their lives first hand so much as putting their lives on hold while they conduct a 'conversation' about it via ephemera such as photographs of their breakfast. Virtually everyone who was at the London firework display on NYE was filming it on smartphones, rather than watching it - what was the point?!

The best things posted on fb are the short, pithy reflective comments put on by people who only post occasionally, have a real life, not just a virtual one.

Funny I was reading a story today on Independent about some idiot hospital worker who Tweeted that he was going to "Save the pubes from the first patient I shaved today and stick them on Wiggins style" and called a surgeon "Mr Vagina-Rage" and "a bell end".

"Working in gynae[cological] theatres AGAIN today. I'm seriously considering going gay! The thought of looking at one more aged flange."

I mean how stupid can you get, really.

Disgusting. I hope he got the sack. I'm extremely embarrassed about my body and that would definitely put me off, even more, from going to a doctor or gynae if I had any problems.