Anyone got a pacemaker ?

F Hinds Jewellers at "mad as hell" or Crystal peaks stock the SOS bracelets and neck chains. Boots have a form where you can send off for an engraved pendant or bracelet. there are also online shops where you can get similar.

I quite like this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350944592340?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=620200619336&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks nice GR I wear one round my neck, it has my name, home phone number, wife's name my condition & one of my tablets, I need to get a new one though as it needs to have "do not resuscitate" on it. I have the form at home, but if I go bad outside they won't know this.

My uncle had one fitted last year at 86 years old and he feels much better for having it done. All the best to you, hope you're not waiting long. ( Uncle had his done within a matter of weeks and he wasn't considered an urgent case. )

GR I just ordered a new medical alert necklace, from this place, the picture is what I ordered BTW.

They do have lots of others as well fella, mine needed updating.

Pete

GR I just ordered a new medical alert necklace, from this place, the picture is what I ordered BTW.

They do have lots of others as well fella, mine needed updating.

Pete

I like that, may get one as well as the bracelet..

I like that, may get one as well as the bracelet..

Good on you and I hope we've managed to put your mind at rest, a wee bit

Pete

Believe it or not, I still havent had it done - however I got the letter at the weekend...

The surgery is listed for the 12th August, so still a few weeks to brick myself :hihi:

Believe it or not, I still havent had it done - however I got the letter at the weekend...

The surgery is listed for the 12th August, so still a few weeks to brick myself :hihi:

GR good luck with it mate but cannot believe you've not had one in, I've had my defibrillator in since 13th December, I'm shocked.

Pete

Apparently my surgery was put back because of priority cases - even though I have been 2nd on the list for the last 3 months, and have had priority status since the beginning of February...

GR good luck with it mate but cannot believe you've not had one in, I've had my defibrillator in since 13th December, I'm shocked.

Pete

If that was a joke it was very good Pete! :thumbsup:

If not, then I can only apologise for my tasteless sense of humour. Sorry :blush:

Getting mine put in was a quick, painless procedure (thanks to the sedation!), and it's not been any worry since.

Fell off a horse the other day -- going next week to have the DF checked, but seems OK.

Getting mine put in was a quick, painless procedure (thanks to the sedation!), and it's not been any worry since.

Fell off a horse the other day -- going next week to have the DF checked, but seems OK.

they have told me im only having a local anaesthetic. .is this normal ?