Anyone got a pacemaker ?

Dad was given his at the NGH when he was discharged and told to always carry it around with him, just in case something ever went amiss (apparently there are different types or they're custom wired or something ?? I'm no expert)

if you were at the NGH the admin office for this is in the basement under huntsman. That was where he went for his annual check ups.

glad it went ok

Dad was given his at the NGH when he was discharged and told to always carry it around with him, just in case something ever went amiss (apparently there are different types or they're custom wired or something ?? I'm no expert)

if you were at the NGH the admin office for this is in the basement under huntsman. That was where he went for his annual check ups.

glad it went ok

Thanks, been trying to get through to them all day.

Finally got to speak to them, and it turns out the card will be sent with the letter for my first check up.

They should tell the ward staff this - I was told that as far as they know, the cards are not issued anymore :huh:

glad it went ok

This will be the ECG department which is on the lower ground floor of Chesterman where they will do you a check up on the device in 4-6 weeks time. This appointment will be sent to you through the post.

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 15:55 ----------

Everything went ok, apart from they wired it up back to front...so when they tested it, instead of the pacemaker kicking in, the defibrillator did !

Apart from that im now home, feeling stiff and very sore.

Apparently im supposed to have been given a pacemaker registration card, but the hospital knew nothing about it.

Does anyone know where im supposed to get one ?

I'm pleased everything went well - they are a cracking team on that ward.

Edited by Daven

This will be the ECG department which is on the lower ground floor of Chesterman .

Bugger! Sorry, I said Huntsman. Hope I didn't confuse you

Bugger! Sorry, I said Huntsman. Hope I didn't confuse you

Not at all. I work in the building :)

Everything went ok, apart from they wired it up back to front...so when they tested it, instead of the pacemaker kicking in, the defibrillator did !

Apart from that im now home, feeling stiff and very sore.

Apparently im supposed to have been given a pacemaker registration card, but the hospital knew nothing about it.

Does anyone know where im supposed to get one ?

Glad to hear all went well, (Apart from the little rewire!) is it a St Jude Device?

It made me laugh, when I got the info about my device, that said it was made by St Jude., as he was the patron saint of hopeless causes! I said "Are you trying to tell me something?" :o lol

I'm still waiting for my card, I've even contacted St Jude's (the manufacturer of my pacemaker device) direct, and had no response, and I'm just over four years on. (rolls eyes) I was given a printout on plain A4 paper,with the date of the device being fitted, and the serial number, but of course, it's not the hardiest of means of keeping the information safe

Glad to hear all went well, (Apart from the little rewire!) is it a St Jude Device?

It made me laugh, when I got the info about my device, that said it was made by St Jude., as he was the patron saint of hopeless causes! I said "Are you trying to tell me something?" :o lol

I'm still waiting for my card, I've even contacted St Jude's (the manufacturer of my pacemaker device) direct, and had no response, and I'm just over four years on. (rolls eyes) I was given a printout on plain A4 paper,with the date of the device being fitted, and the serial number, but of course, it's not the hardiest of means of keeping the information safe

I may be wrong here but I thought that all devices implanted are recorded on a central database that can be accessed by health care professionals who may need the relevant information. I know this is the case for intra-coronary stents as there is no longer a need for those with them to carry an ID card.

I'll ask at work tomorrow and let you know.