Thinking hats on please!

OK, this is a bit of fun (with some serious intent :)).

My company has discovered a way of 3D Printing silicone in full colour. What this means is you have complete freedom to design whatever shape you want in silicone.

So, assume you have the prerequisite design skills to design in 3D, what would you make out of silicone on a 3D Printer (the brand is going to be called Picsima).

Be as imaginative as you can ;)

Personalised cake moulds. (Including green coloured ones, so that professional bakers can ensure a totally 'vegetarian' or 'halal' baking experience (ie not sharing the same moulds with recipes that may contain animal derivitives.) Now, please can I have a lifetime's supply of these in exchange for my idea?

As it's light and doesn't contaminate foods, you could offer a personalised bride and groom look a like, keepsake wedding cake decoration service too - possibilities are endless.

As the above poster suggests sealant, that's not a bad idea also - custom sealant. Consumers are being a lot more discerning in their quest for the perfect 'kitchen' or 'bathroom' with a sealant that colour matches their tiles/worktop area. If you go to BandQ etc, you basically get a choice of black and white.

Edited by Mr Bloom

a baby doll that looks like your baby. oh the millions this would make!

a baby doll that looks like your baby. oh the millions this would make!

Hey, come on! At least I credited the above poster for the sealant idea, your baby is just an other variety of my bride and groom idea! :hihi:

made to order sex toys of course!

slogan "satisfaction by design" courtesy of p*icsima!

sorry - couldnt resist that.

Edited by muckymurphy
add

Yes I thought about your bride n groom and wondered how that could be expanded, but hey, that's how brainstorming works ;)

I'm a hobby crafter so I would say moulds similar to cake decoration moulds. I would use tiny ones for light weight modelling clay so I could stick the moulded items on greetings cards.

I have dabbled with candle making but I don't know if silicone would be suitable for making candle moulds as I'm a novice chandler.

I also use moulds for melt and pour soaps. I love novelty shapes and I'm not skilled enough to make fancy shapes without moulds. There are a lot of traditional soap makers out there that may be looking for soup moulds.

I'm on a craft forum where some people craft for a living. Would you like me to post your question on the forum and feed back to you?

I would say you would have to understand the properties of the silicone polymer to find its uses:

Low thermal conductivity, low chemical reactivity, low toxicity, thermal stability, repel water and form watertight seals.

Does not stick to many substrates, but adheres very well to others, e.g. glass.

Does not support microbiological growth.

Resistance to oxygen, ozone, and ultraviolet (UV) light. This property has led to widespread use of silicones in the construction industry (e.g. coatings, fire protection, glazing seals) and the automotive industry (external gaskets, external trim).

Electrical insulation properties. Because silicone can be formulated to be electrically insulative or conductive, it is suitable for a wide range of electrical applications.

High gas permeability - cannot be used where gas-tight seals are necessary

(From wikipedia)

This idea could be good for a laugh

Edited by SportsTrophy

Maybe as your making Soft Tissue Prosthesis these would be suitable to the Tv/film industry!