2013/14 Snow MegaThread

Wish we had snow to be honest. Least might not get to work lol

Just been checking the long range forecast...it's all looking like crisp sunny days and spring showers!

Not that I'm complaining, we're about to have a new roof done so if we skip the snow altogether this winter I'll be very happy!

My long range forecaster (xcweather) is for snow next Tuesday.

I have just checked and it looks like maybe a cm on Tuesday.

Well they show how the models are developing for the rest of the month and how the weather is coming in from the Atlantic

Well they show how the models are developing for the rest of the month and how the weather is coming in from the Atlantic

Forgive my ignorance, but it'd take me a while to decode that.

Well if you keep clicking on the hours ahead or the "+" you will see how the systems move in from the alantic (on the left),

The values on the lines are the pressure, the values are quite low , so these are low pressure systems developing, which as you increase the time they come swirling in over the uk, and as the bars become tight small areas of low pressure develop

Where as to the right over europe pressure is much higher

Well if you keep clicking on the hours ahead or the "+" you will see how the systems move in from the alantic (on the left),

The values on the lines are the pressure, the values are quite low , so these are low pressure systems developing, which as you increase the time they come swirling in over the uk, and as the bars become tight small areas of low pressure develop

Where as to the right over europe pressure is much higher

Thanks for taking the time to do that. :)

Thats no problem, it just means very unlikely to see any snow, due to slightly warm winds coming in from the west/south west

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 20:56 ----------

for anyone who wants to see if snow or rain is likely look on the left hand side:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/datmdlout.aspx

Click on Precip type and shows blue for rain or purple/pink for snow

All in all, SY hasn't had a bad winter (as yet). Consider incessant rain/winds/floods elsewhere in UK: tha dun't know thar't born...