Anyone know why the Heeley and Sheffield pub is closed

Been past this afternoon all curtains closed door locked, been past just over an hour ago and it's still closed, anyone know why ???

Another one bites the dust.

It sounds more like a change of landlord to me. Leases come to an end you know.

It sounds more like a change of landlord to me. Leases come to an end you know.

It has had several face lifts and management changes in the last few years.

Let's hope you are right and it continues to be an asset to the community,

It has had several face lifts and management changes in the last few years.

Let's hope you are right and it continues to be an asset to the community,

The problem with it is I wouldn't park my car outside to go in for a drink with the expectation of it being there undamaged when I came out.

they may be having a lock in, the most likely thing is that they are not making any money there's no profit in beer sales and they don't want punters coming in for the odd pint or two the only money to be made is by selling food x

food

Sadly the Local Pub selling beer will soon be as rare as hens teeth. Unless it also sells decent food then it might keep going, but I would not bet on it. What a shame that our locals are closing hand over fist.

Angel.

Sadly the Local Pub selling beer will soon be as rare as hens teeth. Unless it also sells decent food then it might keep going, but I would not bet on it. What a shame that our locals are closing hand over fist.

Angel.

It will flatten out and remain there I should think...as long as people want to go out and drink beer in the local, they'll be around.

Fewer maybe, but there is a WMC directly opposite Heeley and Sheffield, pubs and clubs expanded too rapidly and now they're flattening out, there's not enough demand for 1, 2 maybe 3 ale houses within a stones throw of each other.

People say it's a shame, but how many of those people actually go and drink in their local boozer on a regular basis? It can't be many or there wouldn't be these pubs and clubs closing down left right and centre.

Is it even a bad thing? Will it reduce the amount people drink in general? Who knows.

I walked past the Heeley and Sheffield yesterday about 9pm and it was closed, and I thought "Yeah that's a shame if it's shut down", but then I thought "Actually it's my local and I have never even been in there".

Edited by Super Hans