The Carling Cup- The cup is coming home!!

ANGELUS

You cling on to your World Champions thing or whatever it is. It'll be interesting to see who remembers it in years to come..if they even do now.

I'd forgotten you'd even won it till you mentioned as I'm sure many others have.

Correct me if I'm wrong but said article mentions Fifa's inaugual World Club Championships which apparently took place a month later..was that the tournament where united ducked out of the FA Cup to take part??..if it was then didn't you get knocked out??..so you were 'World Champions' for a month...aww...well done for holding such a prestigious award for so long.

You cling on to your World Champions thing or whatever it is. It'll be interesting to see who remembers it in years to come..if they even do now.

I'd forgotten you'd even won it till you mentioned as I'm sure many others have.

Correct me if I'm wrong but said article mentions Fifa's inaugual World Club Championships which apparently took place a month later..was that the tournament where united ducked out of the FA Cup to take part??..if it was then didn't you get knocked out??..so you were 'World Champions' for a month...aww...well done for holding such a prestigious award for so long.

I remember as a child watching your great Pool side of 1981 getting dicked 3-0 by the Zico led Flamengo.

Great memory.

And yes, FIFA decided to introduce a new tourno 2 months later.

But at least we can say we have been the best team in the World.

I remember as a child watching your great Pool side of 1981 getting dicked 3-0 by the Zico led Flamengo.

Great memory.

And yes, FIFA decided to introduce a new tourno 2 months later.

But at least we can say we have been the best team in the World.

Yes you can...well done :thumbsup: (even if it was only for 2 months :hihi: , then you got beat in the World Club Championship 3-1 by the Romario led Vasco da Gama...great memory)

Yes you can...well done :thumbsup: (even if it was only for 2 months :hihi: , then you got beat in the World Club Championship 3-1 by the Romario led Vasco da Gama...great memory)

Hardly fair as it was in their country in sweltering conditions......

World Champions

Hardly fair as it was in their country in sweltering conditions......

World Champions

diddums...was it too hot for the poor ickle manchester players??

Now you are scraping the barrel

You forgot to put the letters ex before world champions as we are all aware you no longer hold that title

diddums...was it too hot for the poor ickle manchester players??

Now you are scraping the barrel

You forgot to put the letters ex before world champions as we are all aware you no longer hold that title

Must have been all the sushi on offer in tokyo which explains your DISMAL showing in your numerous World Club Cup attempts.

A strikers name who is better than Ruud??

In terms of finishing, perhaps he is the best.

But a pure finisher is not what we need in certain games.

Anfield last week the PERFECT example.

But as a package, the following are better.

Henry. Shevchenko. Quite possibly Adriano (keeping your fat pal Ronaldo out of the 1st choice Brazil team).

H

I would put Ruud about 5th overall.

We do NEED a pure finisher in all of our games, its the supply that is crap at the minute- not Ruud!

The Anfield scenario- our midfield was none existent and it didnt help that Smith was on the bench when he would have added a little more bite to our midfield if played from the start so I dont think your point about anfield is Ruud related.. he needs a supply to do what he does.

We are not giving him that, hence we lost.

The players you have chose as well- out of all of them I would say Henry is near Ruud, the rest, Shevchenko- I thought was decent until I saw him in the CL final last year and then my opinion of him has changed- he is decent at best and Adriano- he is good when he is on his game but he seems to have a problem with fading in and out of games too much.

Putting Ruud 5th- have you had a knock on the head recently? :)