The Carling Cup- The cup is coming home!!

ANGELUS

It's not like Man Utd or it's fans to devalue the importance of a trophy though is it.

Also try telling that to the 35-40 thousand Man U fans that attended the game, so I don't buy your "it doesn't have any real impact on the fans" view.

I have a season ticket at Old Trafford. I watched the game yesterday in the pub. it meant very little to me. Discuss.

There are always day tripper muppets ready to take the tickets at United.

Yesterday showed who the neutrals wanted to win and it was us.

4-0 was seriously harsh particularly given the tap in that was three of the goals.

If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd be 8th in the League and be in the Carling Cup Final I'd have called the white vans.

Either way congratulations Manchester United.

Martin

Carling Cup coming home??? Surely if that applies to any club, it would be Liverpool. Haven't they won it more than anyone else?

Yup, 7 times. But it's not really our cup. Ours is the one with the big ears :wink:

Re, the Fizzy Pop Cup, I sorta see what Guderian's getting at. I think the FA Cup's going the same way. The Champs League is where the money's at. A top 4 place and progression into the knock-out stages in Europe is essential for a big club. There'll always be fans who'll snap up final tickets though whatever the competition cos it's a grand day out.

The romance of the cups doesnt really hold true any more. I vaguely remember Donny Rovers beating a couple of big teams in the Carling this year but sadly for them no one outside of Donny really took much notice. The days of Hereford & Wrexham are gone.

P.S. Hedgehunter, Your lads've been a breath of fresh air in the prem this season. Both you and West Ham try and play good footie. Hope you stick around for a while. Just 2 favours:- 1) Will you please play The Boy Mellor once in a while? He needs games or Rafa'll offload him in the summer. 2) Get yer revenge and take 3 points of the Mancs next week. Ta.

Yeah we seem to be lacking strikers so not playing Mellor doesn't make much sense.

Not sure what Jewell does but he picks these class players out of nowere - Chimbonda, Ellington, McCulloch, Teale, Bullard etc.

Wish we could beat United next week but I can't see it, we've conceded 8 goals in two games against them and given we play open and attacking football we're always vulnerable to teams with a strong attack.

Will do our best either way.

Martin

ps. if you see someone walking round Sheffield in a Latics shirt, it's probably me lol

Cup coming home????

This is the team where the League Cup is below them. They put out reserve sides and kids for the early rounds against lesser teasm who could amke money out of the fact that Rooney & co may be playing.

The cup has gone to the team who least deserve it.

I'm sorry - but the Carling Cup is not 'beneath us' as you say.

Being a MU fan I was delighted when we won it yesterday after a good performance from us.

I would have liked us to win something bigger- true- but the carling cup is a bit of silverware none the less the same as the FA Cup or the premiership.

I dont think we should put out reserve sides- I think we should go for it every season with our strongest side but then again, its up to the manager to pick the team- not myself.

And as for the comment about 'The cup has gone to the team who least deserve it' - I find that laughable after seeing the performance we put out- even without RVN.

What a foolish thread.

I enjoyed the game, but was slightly embarrassed by our celebrations towards the end, especially Fergusons.

The Carling Cup should be beneath us - the fact it no longer is speaks volumes.

P.S Ruud was dropped as Saha had practically got us to Cardiff - there is no way Ferguson could have overlooked him.

Why is this a foolish thread? I fail to see the foolishness in all this?

Its called celebrating Gud- even you as a Utd fan should see the good this will have done us.

Fergie was a bit over the top agreed.. but I disagree when you say that the carling cup should be beneath us- winning anything is good for us no matter what cup it is.

The ruud matter: I do hope this does not start turning into another Beckham or Stam incident as I would rather see the back of our manager rather than one of the best strikers in the world.