The Carling Cup- The cup is coming home!!

ANGELUS

oh please - get over yourselves!!!!

No team deserves to win anything by rights so for you to say that its 'below' you is absurd! Manchester united are NOT the force you once were in football- your early european exit this year proved that, and you have been caught up and over taken by chelsea, arsenal and now liverpool are a very good side indeed (as there win over you 2 weeks ago proved)- every single one of those teams would have been over the moon to win the cup- infact ANY team should be happy when they win something.

I really think you should learn to be thankful for what you have- as its alot more than most teams will ever get.

btw- ferguson was celebrating as that win probably kept him his job for next season!

I totally agree with the comment about no team deserves to win anything by rights - very true indeed.

However- your other comments..

Manchester united are NOT the force you once were in football- your early european exit this year proved that.

Lets all get this clear- Benfica are by no means a pushover and they are not a crap team as some may make out on this forum, and how the press make them out in world football as they clearly showed against Liverpool the other night.

Possible dark horses in the CL this season? I certainly wouldnt bet against it.

As for us- we are in need of a midfield as we are not the force we used to be, no team is, we need another strong midfield and then we are back again.. thats all we need now- watch this space.

and you have been caught up and over taken by chelsea, arsenal and now liverpool are a very good side indeed as there win over you 2 weeks ago proved

I did chuckle when I read this- Chelski have done well no getting away from that and I dont want to descend into another rant at why they have got where they are so I will stay clear of them, Arsenal are poor at best at the moment and as I said at the beginning of the season- the selling of Vieira will be the downfall of Arsene you mark my words and if they loose Henry as well... Wenger will be out... and as for Liverpool- yep they are european champions which I have to give them credit for- however, a win against us this season is nothing to gloat about as we hammered them last season if I recall in their european cup winning year- they are nothing to write home about yet and I cant see the Liverpool dominace of old coming back to haunt us.

every single one of those teams would have been over the moon to win the cup- infact ANY team should be happy when they win something
Agreed

The cups are coming home at our house!

Had some stuff in storage including the best china tea service. Its such a relief to have them home once again..........

Yay!! Look after them over there.

PS What a stuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd thread!

Why is it? Because Man Utd have won it for a change?

Explain please.

Gloryifing what is considered the most pointless trpohy in the domestic season... sorry just slightly ahead of the LDV.

Come on, you must have better things to do with your time. How about taking up croquet now the weather's turning.

Jim:thumbsup:

Its another trophy- in our cabinet.

Its all good.. I dont mind which we win, its all good to me :thumbsup:

Croquet- Not keen :hihi:

Benfica are poor. We'll chat again Angelus after the 2nd leg at Anfield.

Just look at their position in the Portugese League.

I have to say I hope I am proved wrong though and they dump Liverpool out.

As regards Ruud, he deserved to be dropped. His link up play this year has been woeful - he is the best finisher in the business, but he is not irreplaceable.

Benfica are poor. We'll chat again Angelus after the 2nd leg at Anfield.

Just look at their position in the Portugese League.

I have to say I hope I am proved wrong though and they dump Liverpool out.

As regards Ruud, he deserved to be dropped. His link up play this year has been woeful - he is the best finisher in the business, but he is not irreplaceable.

We will very much see after the 2nd leg mate.

Your comments about Ruud:

He is the best finisher in the business, but he is not irreplaceable

That - coming from a Man Utd fan as well to me is sacrilige.

So you would see us selling off one of our world class players if need be to be replaced by whom I wonder?

Ruud for me is the best finisher on his day on this planet, better than anyone I can name off the top of my head, and the fact that he is off form slightly does not bother me for one second- because at the end of the day- you just know he will come back strong again.

I cannot believe you have said that as a Man Utd fan.

Unless you are trying to wind me up you little tinker :)

So you would see us selling off one of our world class players if need be to be replaced by whom I wonder?

Ruud for me is the best finisher on his day on this planet, better than anyone I can name off the top of my head, and the fact that he is off form slightly does not bother me for one second- because at the end of the day- you just know he will come back strong again.

Do you permanently wear rose tinted glasses???

Regards Ruud, he deserved to be dropped in my opinion.

I have never doubted his finishing. But his link up play has got steadily worse recently- and he never wins anything in the air.

Saha is inferior. I agree. Yet he gives us something different than Ruud.

He can get round the back of big rangy defenders (Henchoz, De Zeeuw) in a way that Ruud can't these days.

Its a squad game, and Ruud will be back for the Premiership.