One for the legal Eagles.

You would think so wouldnt you but the reality of it is very different.

Briefly, this women has been followed by the police, harassed at home (had to move) Harassed whilst out driving (had to change her car) and the only time syp have done anything was to go to her house and threaten her with arrest if she didnt stop the complaints so she did but only because she had no one in her corner but im there now and im going to do my damnedest to make sure she gets at least some justice.

As uptown girl says take the tape to your MP....see what they can do for her...or even to this guy..

http://www.southyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/Your-PCC/Meet-Your-PCC.aspx

Hi Sarah, I can tell you only want to help someone-even passionately (that is good and an honourable trait), but with the greatest respect I feel we are not really getting the full story here.

May I ask, where was the defendant’s solicitor when the conflict between the verbal taped statement and written account became apparent ?

When the defendant appeared in court, what happened when the solicitor representing the defendant brought the issue of statement conflict to the attention of the court?

Hi Sarah, I can tell you only want to help someone-even passionately (that is good and an honourable trait), but with the greatest respect I feel we are not really getting the full story here.

May I ask, where was the defendant’s solicitor when the conflict between the verbal taped statement and written account became apparent ?

When the defendant appeared in court, what happened when the solicitor representing the defendant brought the issue of statement conflict to the attention of the court?

Well to be fair no, you arent getting the full story as to be quite honest theres far too much of it. Thats why i have been as informative yet concise as possible.

I understand where you are coming from and more information is always good but id like to ask, on this occasion please trust that all the relevant info has been posted

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:50 ----------

:confused: Ive no idea where his solicitor was

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:51 ----------

I think your a bit confused, or i am.

It could be me, it happens lol. When you say defendant are you meaning the man or the women who was assaulted?

Yep. Right. It was me who was confused lol

Told ya!! lol.

To clear things up, She didnt get a conviction, her partner did. She wants to get her pride and self respect back as right now everyone thinks he and she are guilty of something when in fact they are the innocent party.

Re the solicitor.

Useless. said they would use the evidence but when it came to court they didnt :rolleyes:

I need to make something clear to all.

There is loads and loads and loads and loads of info i havent posted but ive posted everything i need to specific to my question in the op.

Feel free to have your doubts. Feel free to think im lying. Feel free to have any opinion you like. however if its not going to help with the question asked and is just going to dig for more info ill simply report it and hope a moderator removes it but i wont be answering it.

i hope you all understand :)

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:57 ----------

With the current uproar about police corruption I would be very tempted to go to your MP's surgery and play him/her the tape.

Thanks. Ill pass it on :)

edit. anyone know who the MP for intake is? :hihi:

Edited by Just Sarah

I anticipate the conviction followed a trial in the magistrates court - if it did then (subject to how long ago we are talking about) the route to take is to appeal against that conviction to the crown court - in effect a re-trial.

If it is all a very long time ago you will need to have some powerful evidence that was not/may not have been available at the time and which would justify an appeal out of time. If the person was legally represented this will have been explained at the time as options after the conviction.

Without more details I am afraid I can't help much more. Perjury - lying in court is a very serious offence, rarely prosecuted though

Can you take the police or a single officer to civil court for lying in a statement?

Say someone is making a statement and the officer omits things and adds others but through the old boys network they have successfully managed to bury it several formal complaints about the matter...

So far!!

A successful civil judgement could possibly help in the attempt to overturn a criminal conviction and give a women with special needs her pride back.

Helpful answers only please as this is important.

I wouldn't waste your time on here for legal advice.Most of them are family solicitors by the sound of it,just doing wills and stuff.If they still pay their TV license, then they don't know the law from there elbow.

I anticipate the conviction followed a trial in the magistrates court - if it did then (subject to how long ago we are talking about) the route to take is to appeal against that conviction to the crown court - in effect a re-trial.

If it is all a very long time ago you will need to have some powerful evidence that was not/may not have been available at the time and which would justify an appeal out of time. If the person was legally represented this will have been explained at the time as options after the conviction.

Without more details I am afraid I can't help much more. Perjury - lying in court is a very serious offence, rarely prosecuted though

A conviction followed some tragically bad legal advice but thats for another day lol.

This is connected to the trial but separate if you know what i mean. Ill try and explain. This police man was caught being abusive and threatening on tape to a victim of a crime. He broke numerous rules, a couple of laws and even breached her human rights but she cant get the police to investigate. Even though crimes have been committed. Now the fact that a conviction followed is separate to the laws the copper broke but connect in so far as it was one of ramifications of this coppers actions Including his abuse and evidence tampering thats been caught on tape.

He did loads of stuff he shouldnt have and by getting him for this the hope is it will open a can of worms for the officer and eventually lead to the victims partner being able to get it looked into and clear his name.

Ive just read it back to myself

Clear as mud lol. But its the best i can do lol

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 17:54 ----------

I cannot contribute further in a positive way (can of worms) Good luck, and I hope your friend gets it sorted.:thumbsup:

If you have recorded evidence of an officer being abusive and threatening and that officer was involved in providing evidence that was considered by a court leading to a conviction I am astounded that the lawyer concerned did not use it (if they knew and I make no judgement on that)

It seems to me you (or the convicted party) need to approach a solicitor who is prepared to (a) Appeal the conviction (b) Pursue a complaint to the Professional Standards department (it use to be complaints and discipline) and © Involve the IPCC if necessary