Heeley City Farm - thieves again

Looking at their FB page today and they've had thieves again!

What is wrong with people?!

I couldn't find another thread, so I started this one to highlight this theft :mad::(

Looking at their FB page today and they've had thieves again!

What is wrong with people?!

I couldn't find another thread, so I started this one to highlight this theft :mad::(

absolutely disgusting. some people have no morals. :rant:

absolutely disgusting. some people have no morals. :rant:

True, I bet if these thieves had siblings, or in the future have children with learning difficulties or physical disabilities, they would be glad of the place.

:shakes:

Good of the person on there facebook page who offered the money to replace them (it's not the point like, but even so)

Heeley City Farm is a precious resource and a beautiful anomaly in it's area. People who steal from it and vandalise it must have something seriously wrong with them that needs sorting out, especially the sadistic idiots who've hurt the animals.

Hi all just seen this thanks for your messages of support.

Just to say we have got the swing back - it was spotted down by The Sheaf View pub and a member of staff went and retrieved it - however as it needs to be reinstalled to very strict safety standards it will cost us a fair amount (upwards of £500) to have it refitted.

If anyone knows anything about the thefts or vandalism we've had please contact the police in confidence on 101 - they are aware of the problem and are doing their best to help but need people to come forward.

It's very disheartening for staff and our clients to keep turning up for work to this - we simply don't have the money to buy all the security we need. The Farm looks after so many people every year be it adults with disabilities, young children, young people struggling to find their way in the world, those with mental health problems, people experiencing fuel poverty and many others who desperately need all the help and support they can get and it's a real shame for them that these things keep happening.

If anyone does want to help be it a donation, offering services etc please look through the how to help section on our website.

We'll keep plugging through if people are there with support

XX

I remember when some vile creatures killed the piglets.

Yes the piglet thing was horrible so was the fire that killed and maimed many animals but years down the line we still have HCF moaning they don't have money for security.

We unfortunately don't have money for security - it isn't something you can get funding for generally and is a common and frequently occuring difficulty for many places that operate on a shoestring. But thank you for your feedback.

Excellent news regarding the swing. Such a shame that it's reinstallment will bite into precious funds though.