Police using Tazers on young people

We are talking merely children here.

Merely children that are happy to punch and kick their teachers and their parents won't do anything about it? Merely children that are happy to pull a knife and stab you because they think there's no consequences?

Are we saying we want to go back to the days where children feared the local Bobby or a clip round the ear from the Headmaster.

Yes.

bring back corporal punishment and if that doesn't work there is always borstal well there was in my day. I blame parents and television and the tories for all this disrespect!!

........probably a reading age of 11,and even that surpasses the level of the thread starter.

Attacking the poster rather than the subject shows both a lack of understanding for the subject and a lack of intelligent thought put into the reply.

Thanks for stopping by though. :roll:

We are talking merely children here.

Are we saying we want to go back to the days where children feared the local Bobby or a clip round the ear from the Headmaster.

Mr Nettleship or Miss Liberal? who would you rather be punsihed by in the Headmasters offiece?

Oh yes please, it's time lots of kids, not all were taught what is right and wrong sadly not the case ATM.

A 13 year old boy was shot by the police in the USA.

"A 13-year-old boy carrying a replica assault rifle has been shot dead by police in the US state of California.

Officers in the city of Santa Rosa say they opened fire after the boy refused orders to drop the rifle, which they believed to be real."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24648974

Attacking the poster rather than the subject shows both a lack of understanding for the subject and a lack of intelligent thought put into the reply.

Thanks for stopping by though. :roll:

I thought I would be wasting my time attempting to use reasoning when addressing a post(er) which was devoid of the same.and your latest comment vindicates my decision.

I missed the era of corporal punishment at school and am grateful for the fact. I saw too many teachers vindictively bait pupils who frankly were behaving quite reasonably and I have seen the same behaviour in the police too often on fly on the wall documentaries.

The problem with resorting to tazering or hitting children to keep them under control is the risk of them learning that you get people to do what you want by tazering or hitting them (physical force) instead of reasoning with them. I saw too many kids sent out of class at school as a result of giving a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic question. I wonder how many kids that have been tazered were tazered because the life lessons they have been taught were the ones being advocated by the OP, - you get people to do what you want by using physical force (their parents clipped them round the ear or threatened to give them a pasting).

If thats what you teach your kids then what right have you to expect them to grow up and not threaten to paste someone when they want their own way?

I missed the era of corporal punishment at school and am grateful for the fact. I saw too many teachers vindictively bait pupils who frankly were behaving quite reasonably and I have seen the same behaviour in the police too often on fly on the wall documentaries.

The problem with resorting to tazering or hitting children to keep them under control is the risk of them learning that you get people to do what you want by tazering or hitting them (physical force) instead of reasoning with them. I saw too many kids sent out of class at school as a result of giving a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic question. I wonder how many kids that have been tazered were tazered because the life lessons they have been taught were the ones being advocated by the OP, - you get people to do what you want by using physical force (their parents clipped them round the ear or threatened to give them a pasting).

If thats what you teach your kids then what right have you to expect them to grow up and not threaten to paste someone when they want their own way?

The dependence on force shows that the perpetrators are incapable of devising more thoughtful strategies-it illustrates intellectual bankruptcy of this strategy.

When my daughter was 11 there was a boy in her class that was over 6 foot and he would have been stronger than a lot of men and most women. If he attacked a police officer with a knife then wouldn't that be an excuse for tazering him?

The news story gave no detail about the incident where an 11 year old was tazered so I don't understand how anyone can have an opinion on whether it was right or wrong.

Well said.

You can bet the 11 year old wasn't tazered just for sticking his (or her) hand in the sweetie jar in the cornershop.

When my daughter was 11 there was a boy in her class that was over 6 foot and he would have been stronger than a lot of men and most women. If he attacked a police officer with a knife then wouldn't that be an excuse for tazering him?

The news story gave no detail about the incident where an 11 year old was tazered so I don't understand how anyone can have an opinion on whether it was right or wrong.

Did you meet the boy -it sounds a little improbable.

The tazer should have never been used.

Don't they have mains electricity in Police Stations?

Did you meet the boy -it sounds a little improbable.

Sorry but sounds very probable, when I was 14 I knew someone of same age with a full beard, and not a bit of it bum fluff. I see kids now & I'm amazed by how well some are developed, way in front of us when we were kids.

Mind you lots are bigger than me now and I'm an old bugger.:hihi::hihi: