Madeleine McCann investigation

I have to say that this pleases me. In a world that seems to have become overly sanitised and control taken away from the people who in some cases (not all) understand the risks involved better than others, that you are still allowed freedom. And I presume that with this freedom comes accountability? I.e. it's all on your head, so you will always take the appropriate risks and controls. Pretty much how it should be. People in control taking responsibility for their actions with appropriate levels of support from their organisation.

I'd happily send my little-un away under those circumstances if she's interested when she's older :thumbsup:

I agree.

I don't have any involvement with children's groups such as scouts, but when I worked I was involved in the preparation and evaluation of Risk Assessments for various aspects of construction. Although check lists have their place, it is critically important that you don't just go through the motions of putting ticks in boxes. What's important is to keep your brain in gear and to actively challenge the thought processes as they impact on safety.

It was a bugbear of mine that some Engineers would expect to be given checklists, instead of thinking through the process an judging each job on its merits.

After all of these years we are still no nearer knowing what happened here and I'm curious to what peoples gut instinct is.

Personally I'm drawn towards the dogs in the apartment that smell death and given no record of anyone else dying in there exists it points towards her dying in the apartment.However I can't for the life of me explain how the body could have been disposed of so quickly and why none of their friends has come out with the truth so I'm probably 60-40 she died accidentally in the apartment.

After all of these years we are still no nearer knowing what happened here and I'm curious to what peoples gut instinct is.

Personally I'm drawn towards the dogs in the apartment that smell death and given no record of anyone else dying in there exists it points towards her dying in the apartment.However I can't for the life of me explain how the body could have been disposed of so quickly and why none of their friends has come out with the truth so I'm probably 60-40 she died accidentally in the apartment.

Everyone else would have tough questions to answer but I suppose when you're a Freemason at their level you can just brazen it out and be untouchable.

Everyone else would have tough questions to answer but I suppose when you're a Freemason at their level you can just brazen it out and be untouchable.

There's a program on next week,Maddie 10 years on,did we have a Ben 10 years on?something's not right.

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 05:59 ----------

There's a program on next week,Maddie 10 years on,did we have a Ben 10 years on?something's not right.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39757287

She says she's now returned to work......after 10 years.

Genuinely hope my darkest thoughts about this case are well off target.

Angel1.

There was a programme on tv last night,I only caught a minute or so but just enough to hear the Tapas bar was 80 yards from the apartment not like being on the back garden as the Mcanns said.

There was a programme on tv last night,I only caught a minute or so but just enough to hear the Tapas bar was 80 yards from the apartment not like being on the back garden as the Mcanns said.

It isn't like being on the back garden, I agree.

We walked past a few times (not gorping) but because the shop is down the hill.

I would liken it to going a to a neighbours a few doors away while leaving kids at home in an unlocked house.

Wouldn't it be great if an 'adopted' 13 year-old girl, somewhere on the planet, was applying mascara or eye makeup for the first time, and thinks "That's an unusual flash in my eye..."

Very interesting comment from the Policeman on the Sky documentary last night.

He indicated he was asked to lead the Scotland yard investigation but then was told not to go near it as one of the rules was that the parents couldn't be interviewed/investigated.

That sounds very dodgy to me:

1- the Parents and friends could give valuable information

2- Surely they should be treated as suspects due to the blood and smell of a dead body in the apartment

If you can get this back on Sky 1 or Sky News then it's worth a watch.

Why do the McCanns still get so much press? There are hundreds of children missing and never found, but those parents don't get all this coverage, nor do they get to sell their story and make money off it.

Why do the McCanns still get so much press? There are hundreds of children missing and never found, but those parents don't get all this coverage, nor do they get to sell their story and make money off it.

I think the guy Mitchell does a lot for them,he said this morning it was a pleasure to help them,does that mean he does it for nothing.