Moving to Sheffield Shortly.

Hi all,

I have now been here for over a month and have started looking at a place to buy before our tenancy runs out. We are considering Greonside.

Can anyone tell me if Creswick Lane opposite Yewlands school is a decent area?

Grenoside is a lovely place to live, however that end of Creswick Lane is on the very outskirts of Grenoside and personally, would be a little too close to Parson Cross/Chauser shops for me.

Grenoside is a lovely place to live, however that end of Creswick Lane is on the very outskirts of Grenoside and personally, would be a little too close to Parson Cross/Chauser shops for me.

Thanks for the info. We are still finding our bearings. Are those areas to be avoided then?

Thanks for the info. We are still finding our bearings. Are those areas to be avoided then?

One word...yes.

If I was thinking of returning to Sheffield (very doubtful) it would be a little further out.....just beyond grenoside is Wharncliffe Side..and then Stocksbridge. Both nice places with a village feel to them.

Hi all,

I have now been here for over a month and have started looking at a place to buy before our tenancy runs out. We are considering Greonside.

Grenoside is nice. I wouldn't consider Creswick Lane as Grenoside though. More border ParsonX/Greno/Foxhill/Ecclesfield. Better on the other side of the dual-carriageway.

How have you found your month in Sheff?

For me, definately yes! But each to their own. Have a drive round that area at different times of the day and see what you think.

I would highly recommend Grenoside but further into the village and so you're not bordering with Parson Cross would be better.

Hi all,

My mates family used to live on Creswick Lane before moving up Dore.

He lived further up Creswick Lane at the Wheel Lane end, but he enjoyed living there and didn't have any issues with crime or such things.

I'm not sure whether being close to a school and mischievous kids will be an issue, there will also be a lot of traffic during the school run.

You're also closer to Parson Cross than Grenoside at that end, although I can't comment on whether that will cause any issues.

I was brought up in the bottom end of Grenoside and enjoyed my childhood there, it's a relatively quiet and friendly village with a few decent pubs and the award winning Chippy.

Regards

Doom