Where can I buy goat meat?

Hi All,

Title says it all really! I'm wondering where I can buy goat meat as I'm doing a Caribbean night soon and want to make goat curry.

I looked at some of the other posts but they are all quite old, does anyone have any shop names? I'm on Abbeydale Road so any near here would be good but a friend says there is a Jamaican shop in Wicker, anyone know what it's called?

Try one of the butchers on Spital Hill, remember getting some from there once but it was a long time ago. It has a distinct flavour of its own and is stronger than mutton. Many of my West Indian friends actually prefer the taste of Mutton to goat as they find the flavour of goat too strong.

Hi All,

Title says it all really! I'm wondering where I can buy goat meat as I'm doing a Caribbean night soon and want to make goat curry.

I looked at some of the other posts but they are all quite old, does anyone have any shop names? I'm on Abbeydale Road so any near here would be good but a friend says there is a Jamaican shop in Wicker, anyone know what it's called?

Ozmens (opposite the Cremorne) on London Road or Castle Market.