Road accident an penistone rd

Just been told there has been a bad accident on penistone road coming out of the city near Morrison :(

A61 South Yorkshire - One lane closed and queueing traffic on A61 Penistone Road outbound in Sheffield between the B6070 Rutland Road junction and the Flora Street junction, because of an accident involving two cars. Congestion to Shalesmoor Roundabout.

From...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sheffield

Saw this on way home over an hr ago it looked like a car went down the wrong carriageway hitting a car head on tailbacks where getting silly even then

I was stuck an hour police were directing traffic up side rd into infirmary road but stupid copper was just standing there not letting any cars thru waste of space, if people drive correctly there wouldn't be these accidents

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 17:51 ----------

Plus amount if people on their phones whilst driving really peed me off , gonna ring sheffield taxis to complain bout taxi driver driving in phone now

The tailbacks went all the way back to Derek Dooley Way near park square roundabout at 16:45. Of course it wasn't helped by the self important attitude of drivers ignoring the red traffic lights to barge their way into any gap left, even if only a few inches...

How long do accidents usually take to clear up? I'm picking my girlfriend up at 8 from maccys

A driver had a fit and floored it across 3 lanes of traffic into another car is what i heard.

How long do accidents usually take to clear up? I'm picking my girlfriend up at 8 from maccys

I suppose it depends how bad the accident is? The link in my previous post is live and updates itself, so will tell you when its cleared.

I suppose it depends how bad the accident is? The link in my previous post is live and updates itself, so will tell you when its cleared.

Also depends on accident investigation, photos and stuff. Penistone Rd running fine now, in fact hospital shuttle bus got through quucker than usual, :-D

The link in my previous post is live and updates itself, so will tell you when its cleared.

Good link Niki, I`ve saved to my desk top.:thumbsup:

I come home that way and it wasn't bad heading out of town down Netherthorpe and then Penistone Road.

Queuing up a long way inbound though, with traffic queuing all the way down Rutland Road.

That was at about 6pm, so I guess it's cleared now.

Regards

Doom