Does anyone know what happened on Snake Pass last night (22/09/2013)?

Yes, this is me just being nosy.

I've had a quick look on news sites, and can't see anything.

I drove over there at around 21:30, as the road flattens out at the top (where the soft verges are that people like to park on) there were a lot of parked cars (odd for that late at night). There was an ambulance, and quite a few police vehicles. Two police ( / mountain rescue?) Land Rovers.

A mountain rescuer (I think), was slowing traffic and asking us to drive very slowly past the ambulance.

There was also a recovery truck that looked to be lining up to recover a car, but it didn't look like anything had left the road or there'd been any sort of collision.

I drove over there about half 7, and saw the same. I assume someone was missing, as they had stuck flashing bright red and blue lights all along the sides of the road at the top. Maybe whoever it was had been found. I hope all is well.

I saw the police helicopter circling yesterday afternoon around the Bamford area,was hard to tell exactly but it was going around for ages.

They really annoy me.

Why should people have to risk their lifes looking for these idiots.

If you decide to go walking in the middle of no where then they should know the risks involved.

Or make sure that they are insured to pay for it all not rely on the emergency services to bale them out.

They really annoy me.

If you decide to go walking in the middle of no where then they should know the risks involved.

Or make sure that they are insured to pay for it all not rely on the emergency services to bale them out.

There's nothing in the news report to say that they were idiots. Sometimes these reports do criticise the rescued party (e.g. for being ill-equipped or disorganised), but mountain rescue say that the majority of cases they deal with are people who are reasonably knowledgable and kitted out, but just get unlucky on the day.

They really annoy me.

My thoughts too. It must have cost 1000s of £s just because someone fancied a stroll.

Very annoying!!

I think that any incident caused by something that is not an accident should be chargeable.

The NHS should be for illness.

Not because someone smashed their hand glider into a tree or was skiing outside of the designated area.

They really annoy me.

totally agree with you, they are idiots, same as pillocks that get in a boat who arent experienced sailors, attention seekers.

Yes, everybody should sit at home. Don't go out, I mean if you get run over by a bus, tough **** you should have looked where you were going.