Next owls manager

Why did MM sack Megson anyway for what reason,they were doing OK at the the time... I think they would have still gone up under him,after all it was mainly United's bad run at the end that let us in..

Can't really remember, didn't he have a go at another club's chairman, or something daft like that?

Why did MM sack Megson anyway for what reason,they were doing OK at the the time... I think they would have still gone up under him,after all it was mainly United's bad run at the end that let us in..

think mm always had dj in the plans when he bought the owls

as stated he wanted dj as temp boss until he sells the club on and till then dj is no1

Mainly,

It was only United making such a mess that you got it, we needed just one more win when he went down; & could not get it we blew it big style, and you lot pinched it. I still feel though under GM you'd have not done it too many silly results with him.

Has any money come from this shaikh bloke yet,you guys definitely need something...and soon...

Has any money come from this shaikh bloke yet,you guys definitely need something...and soon...

I could not agree more, like I d said other day Shogun, he's got short arms & deep pockets

Pete

Maybe he got shut of Megson because he wanted to pick the players he bought and the team he played.

Maybe he got shut of Megson because he wanted to pick the players he bought and the team he played.

Could be that Dobby, MM is known for his itchy trigger finger, but not usually when a club is doing well, so there could be some merit in your idea.

I liked Megson as manager and he bought some decent players in (better than Jones's) and got the team winning at home, having said that he didn't seem to have a plan B when things were against us and had had some bad results leading up to the Hillsborough derby win, would he have got us over the line, no one will ever know.

The reason we beat united to second was that they were relying on one player with a possible prison sentence hanging over him and had no other viable option in place once he was removed from the team, lets not take any credit away from the Owls as they still had a lot of ground to make up and rely on other results, it was a great end to a season.

I liked Megson as manager and he bought some decent players in (better than Jones's) and got the team winning at home, having said that he didn't seem to have a plan B when things were against us and had had some bad results leading up to the Hillsborough derby win, would he have got us over the line, no one will ever know.

The reason we beat united to second was that they were relying on one player with a possible prison sentence hanging over him and had no other viable option in place once he was removed from the team, lets not take any credit away from the Owls as they still had a lot of ground to make up and rely on other results, it was a great end to a season.

We also lost MacDonald to an injury with about 5 games to go and we had Maguire missing a few games because of a red card. MacDonald being the key player of the two, of course.

Also we had a striker on loan (trying to remember his name) who got recalled.

We also lost MacDonald to an injury with about 5 games to go and we had Maguire missing a few games because of a red card. MacDonald being the key player of the two, of course.

Also we had a striker on loan (trying to remember his name) who got recalled.

I thought you lost MacDonald earlier than that as he didn't play at Hillsborough.

God this really hurts me, but I do agree :)

---------- Post added 08-10-2013 at 18:22 ----------

Could be that Dobby, MM is known for his itchy trigger finger, but not usually when a club is doing well, so there could be some merit in your idea.

People know I don't like GM, but I think MM got rid as he was man enough to stand up to him; it would seem MM & KM at Lane like yes men sycophants.

MM and Megson had loads of bust ups concerning players.The first was ALF,GM belived very strongly he would get the required goals,but MM wouldnt be held to ransom by rovrum,he put a cash figure of around 150k on him,and the rest in top ups,and reading nipped in to take advantage.

The second was COG,MM didnt rate him one bit,but the manager backed his player,quite rightly,hence his celebration at the derby game at S6.

The third was Ben marshall,again they locked horns,again GM didnt get his man,in fact worse than that,MM & PA brought in a player they thought was equal in quality,Jones from Bury......and GM wouldnt play him,despite extreme pressure,only relenting when players became tired or injured.

I believe they also clashed over Danny Batth,who again GM wanted to keep.

A bad run of results gave MM the opportunity to get rid,and hire a more board friendly manager and in return for keeping his gob shut GM was put on gardening leave.

MM and Megson had loads of bust ups concerning players.The first was ALF,GM belived very strongly he would get the required goals,but MM wouldnt be held to ransom by rovrum,he put a cash figure of around 150k on him,and the rest in top ups,and reading nipped in to take advantage.

The second was COG,MM didnt rate him one bit,but the manager backed his player,quite rightly,hence his celebration at the derby game at S6.

The third was Ben marshall,again they locked horns,again GM didnt get his man,in fact worse than that,MM & PA brought in a player they thought was equal in quality,Jones from Bury......and GM wouldnt play him,despite extreme pressure,only relenting when players became tired or injured.

I believe they also clashed over Danny Batth,who again GM wanted to keep.

A bad run of results gave MM the opportunity to get rid,and hire a more board friendly manager and in return for keeping his gob shut GM was put on gardening leave.

totally agree with the pointers above

gm and mm just not see eye to eye

but i heard the cog one was true and cog backed gm up and told mm to his face hence cog not getting picked after gm had gone.