The horrendous parking in Scarborough

I have been to Scarborough many times (and often come away wondering what on earth was I thinking). I've managed to park without any problems and done so in most instances for free.

But I am prepared for a twenty minute walk into town.

Marine drive is now one way.

Is that just temporary RR. I hope so.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 14:46 ----------

Since when? It wasn't at the end of May.

It was in june:)you could drive from the seafront down to peasholm park,but even though you could get onto marine drive going back towards the seafront [from peasholm park]you could only go so far.

The Seafront bus now goes through town from the North Bay (old Corner Cafe) to the South Bay and goes on the Marine Drive back to the North Bay.

Having said that ... Yorkshire Water are carrying out major works at the North bay end, so it may well be temporary.

Went to Scarborough for the day on Sunday & what a horrendous time we had parking. We tried the Brunswick shopping centre one & that was ridiculous . We ended up driving round & round & round & round trying to find a flaming space & ended up giving up . We then went to another where some selfish **** in my un favourite car EVER - a 4x4 had straddled over 2 parking spaces & the one behind. So , eventually we managed to find the other multi storey one & got in. We were flaming starving by then . It was so packed , serves us right for going on bank holiday weekend I suppose. Anyway rant over

Scarborough is OK but is spoilt by folk going for day & weekend trips.

By the way how do you know the 4*4 owner hadn't had to park like that because a car owner had parked like that and had moved afterwards?

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 16:58 ----------

Is that just temporary RR. I hope so.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 14:46 ----------

It was in june:)you could drive from the seafront down to peasholm park,but even though you could get onto marine drive going back towards the seafront [from peasholm park]you could only go so far.

Its down to roadworks from Yorkshire Water. The one way should only be at busy times and I would have thought it was back to normal by now.