Feminism or Misandry?

What I do not understand is why strongly feminist women with a low opinion of men will nevertheless often be in a relationship with one — even marry one. Why? What is the logic behind that? If you dislike certain groups of people, you eschew them. If you dislike men, then do not deal with them. And vice versa for men towards women, of course. Just leave one another alone, and act upon your words. It just makes no sense, if you dislike the opposite gender, to share a part of your existence with them. It’s highly inconsequential.

Many strongly misogynist men with a low opinion of women are in relationships with them. No matter your political leanings you can't very often help who you want to go to bed with. I don't really see what your point is.

The stuff about "all sex is rape".

Do any feminists actually believe that? I've never met any that believe that.

I think you're seeing a problem that isn't actually there.

As for most of the feminists you've met being nasty man hating harridans; is this code for them not sleeping with you?

Feminism is fine, I agree with most of it. Feminists on the other hand, are a different matter. I'm sure there are some nice ones about but most of the ones I have met are simply nasty, man-hating harridans.

Did they tell you they were washing their hair that night when you asked them out or something?

Many strongly misogynist men with a low opinion of women are in relationships with them. No matter your political leanings you can't very often help who you want to go to bed with. I don't really see what your point is.

I am not talking about sex. Sex is a waste of time. If you are a true misogynist, you do not deal with any women whomsoever; people misinterpret the meaning of the word. Men who are in a relationship with a woman cannot correctly claim to be misogynists, given that they are clearly prepared to devote time to them, even if only for sexual matters. A true misogynist will voluntarily seek the company of men only, in order to avoid having to interact with females. This is the true meaning of the Greek word. You could say that Catholic priests are by definition more misogynist than anyone who actually deals with women.

I am not talking about sex. Sex is a waste of time. If you are a true misogynist, you do not deal with any women whomsoever; people misinterpret the meaning of the word. Men who are in a relationship with a woman cannot correctly claim to be misogynists, given that they are clearly prepared to devote time to them, even if only for sexual matters. A true misogynist will voluntarily seek the company of men only, in order to avoid having to interact with females. This is the true meaning of the Greek word. You could say that Catholic priests are by definition more misogynist than anyone who actually deals with women.

What a bizarre and weird assertion. Is it your own idea or have you borrowed it from someone else?

‘Miso-’ is a prefix which expresses dislike. ‘Gyne’ means female. Misogyny is therefore a dislike of women. Anyone who voluntarily meddles with them is therefore not a misogynist. I really do not see what is so hard to grasp about that.

‘Someone else’ is a despicable concept. Only the individual has any relevance. We exist solely as an ‘I’. Hell will freeze over when I ever borrow anything from ‘someone else’. That is equal to a death warrant.

‘Miso-’ is a prefix which expresses dislike.
The vehicle for that dislike can be the result of fear and that fear is the result of being incapable of understanding the concept of equal.

‘Gyne’ means female. Misogyny is therefore a dislike of women. Anyone who voluntarily meddles with them is therefore not a misogynist. I really do not see what is so hard to grasp about that.

‘Someone else’ is a despicable concept. Only the individual has any relevance. We exist solely as an ‘I’. Hell will freeze over when I ever borrow anything from ‘someone else’. That is equal to a death warrant.

Misogynists, like bigots, racists and homophobics have one thing in common. Self denial. They live in a power vacuum. They like to be around women, near Blacks, and are usually latent homosexuals, all in denial if only to cast derision or at worse inflict some form of pain.

Edited by ronthenekred

Misogynists, like bigots, racists and homophobics have one thing in common. Self denial. They live in a power vacuum. They like to be around women, near Blacks, and are usually latent homosexualls all in denial if only to cast derision.

That is true, albeit a different matter. There is a slippery slope from dislike to hatred, and many a ‘disliker’ may in reality be acting out a self-defence mechanism by attacking those whom s/he finds unsettling.

That is not the same as indifference, though. You can have ‘no opinion’ on certain matters; being neither a ‘liker’ nor a ‘disliker’. I think many people feel this way about a broad array of subjects. ‘War in Syria? Well, if they have to. Just leave me out of it.’

The same goes for the ‘battle of the sexes’, as it used to be called. ‘Women’s rights? Well, I don’t really feel involved, but why not, eh? Just leave me alone.’

That should not be misconstrued as hatred. It is merely disinterest.