Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

I used to go there in 93, 94, 95. Did you work there then?

Did anyone else go there then?

Used to sit down in the bottom corner with a huge group of regulars, how bout you??

When did Roxy`s close?

I used to go in the early `90s after working at the Hen and Chickens on a Saturday night, with some of the staff, one of whom I married!

My mom used to work at Hen & Chicks - Jackie - worked there up til around 1990's

I was a Roxy's goer in the 80's, sometimes "Grab a granny" night on Thursdays and Saturday night if we couldn't get in anywhere else.

Funny thing is If thought my kids were getting up to half the stuff we did and saw I would be horrified. There was a certain "Wild West" spirit during that period. If I'm honest, I think kids today are a lot more conservative than we were.

StJohn.

What a nightclub, you could get laid and laid out in the same venue :hihi:

What a nightclub, you could get laid and laid out in the same venue :hihi:

A friend of mine was laid and laid out at Roxy's by the same girl ...........

Did anyone use to work in the castle market from 1986 up to the early 90s,

if so can you remember everyone used go drinking down town on a weds and sat and always end up in roxys ?????

anyway we did the butchers lets see how many can remember from that time.craig

I remember they use to do a rock night on mondays ... mmmm.

The Rock night was a Sunday and called Improvisions, some great bands were on, Judas Priest, AC/DC , Pat Travers band to name just 3

god where do i start here, well i used to go in every weds (party night) fri and sat chip butties upstairs, the phone was at the bottom of the stairs as soon as you walked in but you couldnt hear owt it was that loud i was a regular between 86 and 91, it was without a doubt the happiest time of my life without question, songs/artists that spring to mind were i wanna dance wi somebody - w huston, dont you forget about me - s minds, so macho - sinitta, venus - bananarama, and when closing at 2am it was new york new york frank sinatra aswell as hi ho hi ho etc, god i can smell the gel in my hair now and the aramis after shave top top times, look it up on you tube type in hit man and her its fantastic, what about cairos, turn ups, sinatras, the geisha bar, mulberry, golden ball, pace hotel ? all great places

god where do i start here, well i used to go in every weds (party night) fri and sat chip butties upstairs, the phone was at the bottom of the stairs as soon as you walked in but you couldnt hear owt it was that loud i was a regular between 86 and 91, it was without a doubt the happiest time of my life without question, songs/artists that spring to mind were i wanna dance wi somebody - w huston, dont you forget about me - s minds, so macho - sinitta, venus - bananarama, and when closing at 2am it was new york new york frank sinatra aswell as hi ho hi ho etc, god i can smell the gel in my hair now and the aramis after shave top top times, look it up on you tube type in hit man and her its fantastic, what about cairos, turn ups, sinatras, the geisha bar, mulberry, golden ball, pace hotel ? all great places

god you must have gone to roxy same time as me,,i was going in from about 87 to 91 just before it closed down,, i saw the hitman and her footage on youtube and brouht back great memories,, we used to get off bus just outside police h.q then go across road to the mucky duck, then onto the stonehouse across from cathedral, go round loades of pubs,,finish in mulberry tavern then stagger to roxy to sober up as sure beer was watered down but what a great nite it was,, r.i.p roxy

once saw a guy , dive off the upper floor and head butt another guy who was on the dance floor , who had beaten him up the previous week ......

Can you all remember whe The Hit Man And Her came...And when Jason Donovan came to but the best night ever Thursday night Grab A Granny Long live Roxy's

was not there when jason donovan went but did make a big tit out of ourselves trying to get on camera when hitman and her was there,, we succeded twice,, how sad that before went out we put a video tape in to see if we could get on t.v,